The Rolls-Royce RR300 engine has topped 10,000 hours of flight time in the Robinson R66 helicopter, demonstrating continued engine reliability and performance.
Robinson has 380 firm global orders for the R66, one of the fastest growing fleets of helicopters in the world, and is working with Rolls-Royce to increase the number of combined aircraft and engine Service Centers to meet global demand. There are currently 13 Rolls-Royce Service Centers in North America, Europe, South America, Japan and the Pacific Rim.
Greg Fedele, Rolls-Royce, Senior Vice President – Helicopters, said: â€œThe RR300 is an excellent technical match for the R66 and we are very pleased with engine performance, including better than anticipated Specific Fuel Consumption. It is a popular engine in a very popular aircraft.â€
Kurt Robinson, President of Robinson Helicopters, said, â€œRobinson is pleased with the positive response to the R66 in the field and believes the R66 with the RR300 engine is proving to be a reliable helicopter with plenty of performance.â€
The R66, the only turbine-powered helicopter from Robinson, has achieved FAA certification and is moving toward EASA certification, and Rolls-Royce is working with Robinson to achieve additional global certifications.
The RR300 engine is already in full-rate production, with steady deliveries scheduled in 2012, followed by a ramp-up in engine builds beyond.
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- 29-Aug-20 HC-CVB Robinson R66 Manta, Ecuador
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- FAA Approves Shadin Fuel Flow Meter on Robinson R66
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Rotorcorp stops support for Skurka Aerospace and Aviall RR300 Starter Generators for R66
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 09-Jan-20 N450MC Robinson R66 Silver Spring Township, US-Pennsylvania (2F)
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC