The Rolls-Royce RR300 engine has topped 10,000 hours of flight time in the Robinson R66 helicopter, demonstrating continued engine reliability and performance.
Robinson has 380 firm global orders for the R66, one of the fastest growing fleets of helicopters in the world, and is working with Rolls-Royce to increase the number of combined aircraft and engine Service Centers to meet global demand. There are currently 13 Rolls-Royce Service Centers in North America, Europe, South America, Japan and the Pacific Rim.
Greg Fedele, Rolls-Royce, Senior Vice President – Helicopters, said: â€œThe RR300 is an excellent technical match for the R66 and we are very pleased with engine performance, including better than anticipated Specific Fuel Consumption. It is a popular engine in a very popular aircraft.â€
Kurt Robinson, President of Robinson Helicopters, said, â€œRobinson is pleased with the positive response to the R66 in the field and believes the R66 with the RR300 engine is proving to be a reliable helicopter with plenty of performance.â€
The R66, the only turbine-powered helicopter from Robinson, has achieved FAA certification and is moving toward EASA certification, and Rolls-Royce is working with Robinson to achieve additional global certifications.
The RR300 engine is already in full-rate production, with steady deliveries scheduled in 2012, followed by a ramp-up in engine builds beyond.
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook
- Mornington-Sanford Aviation run world-first R66 Part 147 B2 Course
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; Aircraft arrives Birgunj Custom
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- Donaldson to celebrate 9000th IBF delivery at HAI Heli-Expo
- Magellan Wire Strike Protection System™ Now Available for R66
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66