An agreement was signed with R&R Aviation on the last day of the Singapore Airshow for two brand new Eurocopter EC130 B4, marking Eurocopterâ€™s breakthrough into the Bangladeshi market with its first new civil helicopter sale. This achievement capped Eurocopterâ€™s successful outing at the Airshow this year, where it also inked deals for four new helicopters with other customers in the Asia region.
The two EC130 B4 helicopters will be R&Râ€™s first purchase of Eurocopter aircraft; this deal also marks a momentous breakthrough for Eurocopter in the Bangladesh civil helicopter market. To be delivered in September this year and first half of 2013 respectively, the two rotary-wing aircraft will be used primarily for emergency medical services, and can be re-configured for corporate passenger transport when the need arises.
The EC130 B4 has an exceptional cabin size which can accommodate 1 stretcher and 2 medical attendants. The wide unobstructed cabin with large doors allows easy loading and unloading of patients and rapid access for medical personnel. The extremely low internal noise level and the flat cabin floor also offer a suitable environment to install fragile and bulky medical equipment. In corporate transport configuration, it can seat up to seven passengers, offering a panoramic view for all at optimum comfort.
â€œThe Eurocopter light and medium range of helicopters are very popular as they are optimally designed for use in emergency medical services,â€ said Bernhard Brenner, CEO of Eurocopter South East Asia. â€œWe are delighted to have R&R as our first civil helicopter customer in Bangladesh, and it is even more gratifying that our aircraft will be deployed for humanitarian support. We are committed to provide R&R with our utmost service to ensure success in their missions.â€
Eurocopter signed deals for a total of six new helicopters at the Singapore Airshow 2012. The six aircraft ranged from the lightest EC120 to the heaviest EC225, to fulfill various types of missions. Added Brenner, â€œThe variety of helicopter types acquired by our customers in Asia reflects the non-homogeneity of this region. Thanks to Eurocopterâ€™s wide-ranging fleet, we are able to offer products that meet the differing needs of our customers.â€
Vietnam Helicopter Corporation will use the EC120 as the training aircraft for its newly-created VNH Training Centre; R&R took two EC130 B4 for emergency medical services; Stockwell Investing signed for two units of EC145 T2 for utility missions in Indonesia; and Southern Vietnam Helicopter Corporation invested in its fourth EC225 for offshore operations.
Hosting the ceremony is Dr. Bernhard Brenner, Eurocopter South East Asia President, second from left.Â Eurocopter did not supply the names of the others in the photo, but evidently third from left is the signatory from R&R Aviation
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico