Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.â€™s S-92Â®Â â€œLegacy ofÂ Heroesâ€ (LOH) helicopter will visit Thailand this week as part of its world tour, continuingÂ toÂ demonstrate the aircraftâ€™s capabilityÂ tocustomers while saluting first respondersÂ inÂ the Asia region. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX)
The Thailand trip will feature several demonstrations of the aircraft for customers. The major sectors of the ThailandÂ militaryÂ forces fly Sikorsky helicopters including the Royal Thai Army, which flies the BLACK HAWK helicopter; the Royal Thai Air Force, which flies the S-92Â®Â helicopter; and the Royal Thai Navy (RTN), which flies SEAHAWK and S-76Â®helicopters. Sikorsky helicopters operated by the Royal Thai Navy recently supported the RTNâ€™s efforts during serious flooding, as well as during search and rescue efforts during the devastating tsunami of 2004.
The tourâ€™s stopÂ inÂ Thailand follows a series of successful visitsÂ inÂ Asia that included Malaysia, Brunei, and most recently, Singapore, where the LOH helicopter was featured on static display at the Singapore Air Show.
â€œThe Legacy ofÂ HeroesÂ tour is coming off a successful visitÂ toÂ Singapore. It drew thousands of visitorsÂ toÂ its static display at the air show, and continuesÂ toÂ be welcomed for its message of honoring those who put their lives on the lineÂ toÂ save others,â€ said Carey Bond, President of Sikorsky Global Helicopters and Chief Marketing Officer.
ToÂ date, the LOH helicopter has flown more than 100 hours on the tour, with approximately 43 of those hours spentÂ inÂ Asia.
Christophe Nurit, Sikorsky Vice President of Sales for the Asia region, said: â€œSikorsky helicopters have been operatingÂ inÂ Thailand for quite some time, so the LOH visit there this week is a nice opportunity for our customersÂ toÂ engage with this unique utility aircraft while we are â€˜inÂ the neighborhood.â€™ This tour highlights the importance of helicopters as a rescue toolÂ toÂ save lives, and we are happyÂ toÂ have a chanceÂ toÂ recognize those who fly such important missions.â€
The Legacy ofÂ HeroesÂ helicopter was customized by employees at Sikorsky Global Helicoptersâ€™ main facilityÂ inÂ Coatesville, Pa., U.S.A. It is a utility-configured S-92 aircraft bearing a unique gray and black paint scheme with a silhouette of first responders depicted on each side. The aircraft is fitted with side-facing seats, a triple-litter kit, search-and-rescue Automatic Flight Control System, and night sun capabilities.
The tour commencedÂ inÂ the United StatesÂ inÂ September 2011. From Thailand, it will headtoÂ India for an extended visitÂ toÂ several cities there. A six-member crew is conducting briefingsÂ toÂ showcase the multi-mission capability of the aircraft, and participatingÂ inÂ first responder recognition ceremoniesÂ toÂ provide community support along the way.
The company has created a microsite on the InternetÂ toÂ provide regular updates on the tourâ€™s activities. It can be accessed atÂ www.SikorskyLegacy.com.
S-92 helicopters perform search and rescue (SAR) missions as well as a variety of transportation missions for VIPs including Heads of State, offshore oil and gas crews, utility and airline passengers. The worldwide fleet of 151 S-92 helicopters has accumulated nearly 400,000 flight hours since deliveries beganÂ inÂ 2004. The S-92 helicopter was certifiedtoÂ FAA/EASA harmonized Part 29 requirements, as amended through Amendment 47. The S-92 helicopter remains the only aircraftÂ toÂ have been certifiedÂ toÂ this rigorous airworthiness standard without exception or waiver.
Sikorsky Global Helicopters, a Sikorsky company, develops and produces civil certified helicopters and their derivatives. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., basedÂ inÂ Stratford, Conn., U.S.A., is a world leaderÂ inÂ helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., basedÂ inÂ Hartford, Conn., U.S.A., provides a broad range of high technology products and support servicesÂ toÂ the aerospace and building systems industries.
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™