Eurocopterâ€™s Mexican subsidiary, Eurocopter de MÃ©xico (EMSA), has delivered a single-engine AS350 B3 helicopter to EMSEGURIDAD-Q, Quitoâ€™s Metropolitan Public Security and Civic Engagement Logistics Agency. The aircraft will be used in law enforcement missions.
The handover ceremony took place in the Parque Lineal, in the Ecuadorian capitalâ€™s Solanda district, and was attended by EMSA representatives and senior officials from the Ecuadorian government, the Ministry of the Interior, the National Police Service and the Municipality of the Metropolitan District of Quito, of which EMSEGURIDAD-Q is a part.
The delivery of the AS350 B3, which is part of a contract signed by EMSA and EMSEGURIDAD-Q in March 2011, bolsters the agencyâ€™s resources devoted to maintaining public order and security in the city. The helicopter will be operated by the Ecuadorian National Police Serviceâ€™s Air Support Unit, which has 14 years of experience in law enforcement operations and already has two AS350 B2s in its fleet.
Thanks to its speed of response and excellent visibility, the AS350 B3 is an extremely versatile helicopter capable of performing a wide variety of law enforcement missions, as well as search and rescue and medical evacuation services.
The AS350 B3 is perfectly suited to the heat and high altitude of Quito; the city is built on the slopes of the Pichincha volcano, whose peak is 4,798 meters above sea level. This member of the Ecureuil family proved itself by breaking the world altitude record in 2005, landing and taking off from the peak of Mount Everest, at an altitude of 8,848 meters. It also has the distinction of being the only aircraft to carry out a successful rescue operation at an altitude of 6,900 meters, winching a group of climbers to safety from Mount Annapurna in the Himalayas.
Powerful, safe and multi-functional, the AS350 B3 can also transport heavy loads, comes equipped with state-of-the-art technology and delivers the lowest direct operating costs of any helicopter on the single-engine market. Tremendously versatile and inexpensive to maintain, it is the popular choice for police and law enforcement operations in Latin America. This latest delivery takes the total number of AS350s in service in the region to 120, and to 559 around the world.
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 20,000 people. In 2011, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the worldâ€™s number one helicopter manufacturer with a turnover of 5.4 billion Euros, orders for 457 new helicopters and a 43 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Groupâ€™s helicopters account for 33 percent of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopterâ€™s strong international presence is ensured by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries. Eurocopterâ€™s worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents supports some 2,900 customers. There are currently more than 11,300 Eurocopter helicopters in service in 149 countries. Eurocopter offers the most comprehensive civil and military helicopter range in the world and is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its business.
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU