British operator Starspeed is moving its base from Blackbushe to Fairoaks, nearly 15 miles closer to central London. The company only offers twin-engined helicopters, and apart from a single Sikorsky S76C++ flies a fleet of around ten Eurocopters which it manages on behalf of their owners. Some of these allow the company to charter them out commercially, others do not. The fleet includes AS355, AS365, EC135, EC145 and EC155 models
We understand that the fleet is moving to Fairoaks today – Monday 5th March – although a sneaky peek in the back door of their new hangar last Tuesday found an EC155 already present. Starspeed’s helicopters will still frequent Blackbushe, as they will still be maintained by PremiAir there.
PremiAir used to be their landlords at Blackbushe with some office space in the PremiAir facility being sub-let to Starspeed, so the move not only means that Starspeed will have their own facility, but PremiAir will be a little short on rental income.
The company has a website at www.starspeed.co.uk and the Contacts page has been updated in the last couple of days to show the new address and phone numbers at Fairoaks. Starspeed has a second office at Kemble for training, including two Elite FNPT II helicopter simulators.
Starspeed traces its history back to the 1980s when it launched by David Voy with a single Bell LongRanger II from the famous Brooklands airfield, which traces its history back to the earliest days of aviation and motor racing in the UK pre-1910. HeliHub.com is based on the finishing straight of the old motor circuit here! (see also Brooklands Museum website for more information on the location)
HeliHub.com did contact Starspeed to ask for an interview on this story, but the message we left with one of their staff was not responded to.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 29-Sep-20 VH-WPX Airbus AS365N3 Perth, Australia
- Airbus AS365/EC155 – EASA Proposed AD 20-127 : Tail Rotor Drive Flange
- GVH Aerospace secures contract with Heli-Union
- French Navy Tests New Navalized Version Of AS365 Dauphin SAR
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Maxcraft Avionics receives STC for Garmin GTN750H Navigator in AS365
- Malaysia becomes regional simulation hub with AS365 and H225 FFS
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER