Invest Northern Ireland Chief Executive Alastair Hamilton has announced that Mid-Ulster-based Aero-Heli is being assisted to expand business in the Republic of Ireland and Great Britain.
Speaking during a visit to the company, Hamilton said: â€œOur support is geared to the promotion of this entrepreneurial company in its two target markets by means of activities that will increase brand awareness.
â€œThis will enable the company to attract attention particularly among potential clients requiring helicopters for a range of operations including monitoring and maintaining pipelines and electricity grids and also for emergency response services.
â€œThis is an export-led company with a strong commitment to measures that will produce faster growth. The company recognises that the growth it is seeking can only be achieved by means of a concerted and professional drive that enhances its position in markets abroad.
â€œAero-Heli has maintained tight control over operating costs which enables it to offer a very competitive solution especially for clients requiring urgent transportation.
â€œThe companyâ€™s business plan fits perfectly our strategic focus on assisting smaller businesses which are entrepreneurial, innovative and determined to grow sales outside Northern Ireland.â€
The company, which specialises in the hire and maintenance of small helicopters for both private and public clients, is investing Â£46,970 to exploit new business opportunities that have been pinpointed outside Northern Ireland.
The company, formed in 2009 by Dermot Fahy and currently operating from Newtownards airport and a base in the Mid-Ulster area, has been offered assistance of Â£14,940 from Invest NI towards its export marketing activities.
Mr Fahy, outlining his business plan, said: â€œOur research has indicated that there are significant opportunities for the range of expert and highly competitive services that we have developed successfully in Northern Ireland. Â What we offer are the highly professional and value for money services that increasingly cost-conscious clients now require.
â€œOver the past year, weâ€™ve had a number of inquiries from potential clients abroad and have carried out a project in Greenland for arctic research support. Â We have invested heavily in aircraft and facilities with an outlook to carrying out our own aircraft engineering in the future to help us remain competitive with our own service team to reduce downtime for our clients.
â€œWe are looking to take on a number of projects in the Republic of Ireland, including aerial surveys and contract work. As a result, contracts outside Northern Ireland now account for around five per cent of our business. I believe that we can build this to upwards of 40 per cent by 2013.
â€œInvest NIâ€™s guidance and practical support will enable us to move ahead quickly with our marketing activities in Britain and the Republic of Ireland. I look forward to working closely with Invest NI to harness the business opportunities that I am confident exist for our services, particularly from corporate clients and utilities, in both these important markets.â€
see also www.aeroheli.com
Heading photo shows Alastair Hamilton, Invest NI Chief Executive, with pilot Jonathan Beckett of Aero-Heli.
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 30-Jan-19 N484AB Robinson R44 Uvalde, US-Texas
- 01-Jan-19 PR-RMZ Robinson R44 Ubatuba, Brazil (1F)
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- 16-Dec-18 N803PT Robinson R44 Pontiac, US-Michigan
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- 02-Nov-18 G-FLYX Robinson R44 Denham, UK
- 30-Sep-18 N440SH Robinson R44 Westminster, US-Maryland
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- UND installs R44 Tanis Engine Preheat Kit
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- RAMM receives FAA approval for R44 Cabin Floor Trays
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount