DART Helicopter Services (DHS) is pleased to announce Transport Canada, FAA, and EASA approval (Brazilian & Japanese approval for 206L and 407 Series) of DART Aerospace Ltd.’s (DAS) Lightweight Bearpaws for Bell 206L and 407 Series and 429 aircraft.
DART has developed a new lightweight UHMW Bearpaw that has a larger footprint for additional support in soft terrain. However weight savings has not come with a sacrifice in performance.
The new lightweight DART Bearpaw still features a one-piece construction that ensures consistent and deliberate load transfer. The material resists cracking, chipping and breaking and is flexible so it can deflect under high-point contact loads and has memory that allows it return to its original shape after take-off.
For superior anti-slip and wear protection, the new lightweight Bearpaws include tungsten carbide welded wearplates and wear bars.
- 15% reduced weight to area ratio compared to traditional UHMW Bearpaws of equivalent footprint
- 40% larger footprint than other available Bearpaws
- Includes Tungsten carbide welded wearplates and wear bars for anti-slip/wear protection
- Easy installation
- High strength polymer with memory, deflects under critical point loading without failure and returns to original shape when unloaded
“DAS recognized that weight concerns continue to be a major concern for helicopter operators. To address this concern and better support our customers, we developed the new lightweight Bearpaws,” said Bill Beckett, DART VP Canadian Operations.
DART Helicopter Services LLC. is a privately held Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing Company whose primary focus is developing innovative STCd products and creating sales networks for aerospace manufacturers who are looking to benefit from DART’s global marketing network and sales channel. DART is the logical choice for rotary-wing operators who are seeking a supplier with a comprehensive product line and superior customer support.
DART’S subsidiary and affiliated companies own over 600 STCs and manufacture over 1,200 products. With its highly trained and knowledgeable North American and International sales team, DART Helicopter Services distributes more than 3,500 aftermarket products to over 120 countries worldwide.
- SEI Industries demos the BAMBI MAX with Eagle Copters
- North Carolina State Highway Patrol unveils new Bell 407s
- Bell first manufacturer to certify HUMS in light single-engine
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for B407
- 31-Jan-19 N407P Bell 407 Church Hill, US-Tennessee
- 29-Jan-19 N191SF Bell 407 Zaleski, US-Ohio (3F)
- New Bell 407 for Apollo MedFlight
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved for Bell 407
- AeroBrigham to Exhibit Marion County 407 at APSCON
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- Bell awarded $22M contract for Seven extra Bell 407 airframes
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- Trakka annonces FAA approval for Bell series
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Montana – ALERT program raising money for new helicopter
- 05-Nov-17 N522RL Bell 407 Rig MP281, US-Gulf of Mexico
- Bell promotes 407 in African market
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight