Eurocopter Canada Limited (ECL) announced the sale of an enhanced AS350 B3e to Coast to Coast Helicopters group â€“ a utility helicopters group. The aircraft will be operated by one of the groupâ€™s operators: Mustang Helicopters.
â€œThe high-performance AS350 B3e offers versatility, space and updated safety features that are well suited for Coast to Coastâ€™s variety of utility missions,â€ said Guy Joannes, President & CEO, ECL. â€œWe are extremely proud to support Coast to Coast to further strengthen its operations and look forward to contributing to the success of its complex missions.â€
The aircraftâ€™s operators, Mustang Helicopters, operate an impressive fleet of 12 AS350 B2 helicopters.
â€œWe have always been impressed with the Astar family of helicopters,â€ said Frederic Allard, President, Mustang Helicopters. â€œThe single engine, light weight AS350 B3e will lend additional support to our utility missions thanks to its effective lifting power capacity, endurance and maneuverability.â€
The AS350 B3e is an evolution of Eurocopterâ€™s single-engine AS350 B3. Its new powerful Arriel 2D turboshaft engine offers state-of-the-art technology for outstanding reliability, simplified maintenance and low operating costs.
Coast to Coastâ€™s fleet is composed of 19 varieties, including medium, intermediate and light lift helicopters and fixed wing, operating from a global network of bases across Canada.
The AS350 B3e is a high-performance helicopter capable of carrying out the most demanding missions in extreme weather and geographical conditions. Additional features of the Turbomeca Arriel 2D turboshaft engine include a new-generation digital FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) and an engine data recorder for condition monitoring. The integration of Eurocopterâ€™s dual-screen Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display (VEMD) in the cockpit allows pilots to check primary aircraft and engine parameters in one glance â€“ thus reducing workload and enhancing safety. Eurocopterâ€™s application of composite materials for the helicopterâ€™s airframe, rotors and main rotor head gives the AS350 B3e the best protection against corrosion, thereby reducing maintenance costs.
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)