Eurocopterâ€™s participation at the FIDAE International Air and Space Show in Santiago de Chile will underscore its strong presence in Latin America with a competitive range of products perfectly adapted to the growing needs of customers in the region.
Eurocopter is the leader in Latin America with more than 1,200 helicopters in operation, accounting for over 50 percent of the civil and parapublic market. This leadership position highlights the reliability and competitiveness of the Eurocopterâ€™s product range, capable of adapting to the wide array of missions and operating conditions in the region. Eurocopter offers Latin American customers the most extensive range of helicopters to perform a large variety of missions in the region, from offshore and VIP transportation to homeland security and law enforcement.
â€œWe are grateful for the confidence placed in us by civil and military operators in Latin America over the last 30 years,â€ said Mesrob Karalekian, vice president of Sales and Customer Relations for Latin America. â€œEurocopter will continue to invest in the region and expand its range of products and services to keep pace with the growth of its customers.â€
Among the helicopters spotlighted on Eurocopterâ€™s exhibit is the EC725, the leading twin-engine 11-ton class helicopter, currently operated by the Brazilian Air Force. The aircraft on show is one of three that have already been delivered to the Brazilian Armed Forces as part of a contract for 50 EC725s to be used for transportation and civil security missions. Eurocopterâ€™s Brazilian subsidiary, Helibras, will soon be inaugurating its new final assembly line for this helicopter in ItajubÃ¡. This latest military version of the Super Puma/Cougar family offers next-generation avionics with a 4-axis autopilot and electronic controls that are also available on the Cougar AS532 AL+.
Business aviation, a key segment in Latin America with more than 1,000 Eurocopter helicopters devoted to executive transportation, will be represented by the EC135 light helicopter – also a favorite with parapublic operators – and the AS365 N3 from the famous Dauphin family. Having proved its ability to perform in the most severe climatic conditions, this medium size helicopter is also favored by coast guard and sea rescue services.
The Ecureuil family is also a particularly popular choice in Latin America, with more than 700 of these aircraft currently in service in the region for almost 400 operators. In support of these operators, Eurocopter will hold a special Ecureuil event during FIDAE for some 100 participants on March 29. â€œOur priority is to support our customers so that they can get the most out of their helicopters and guarantee the highest standards of fleet safety,â€ said Alexandre Ceccacci, CEO of Eurocopter Cono Sur. â€œWe are also proud to offer them the newest member of the Ecureuil family, the EC130 T2, which was successfully unveiled at this yearâ€™s Heli-Expo air show.â€
Two aircraft from the Ecureuil family will be performing exhibition flights during the show.
The first is the AS350 B3, capable of performing a wide range of public safety and SAR missions thanks to its durability, speed and excellent visibility. Its unobstructed flat-floor cabin concept and low vibration level allow for the installation of infrared cameras, tactical consoles and other various next-generation equipment.
The single-engine EC130 B4, well appreciated for its reduced maintenance costs and high level of availability, will also take to the skies.
Also spotlighted at FIDAE will be a 1/5 scale model of Eurocopterâ€™s X3 plane-hybrid demonstrator, which combines the excellent vertical takeoff and landing capabilities of a helicopter with the fast cruise speeds of an airplane. The XÂ³ has flown at speeds of more than 220 kts. confirming how this concept will provide extremely productive solutions to a wide range of missions â€“ including long-distance search and rescue, passenger transportation and offshore operations.
Eurocopter has been present in the Southern Cone region for a decade now and has recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of its local subsidiary, which offers helicopter sales and customizations, fleet maintenance of 270 helicopters and pilot and technician training. The Eurocopter Group also has subsidiaries in Brazil (Helibras) and Mexico (EMSA) and counts more than 900 employees in Latin America.
Eurocopter will be present at the EADS stand (# D4-D8) and in the static display area.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award