Era Training Center (ETC) is pleased to announce that Randy Rowles has been named VP/General Manager. Mr. Rowles brings a wealth of experience, most recently employed with Night Flight Concepts as VP of Business Development & NVG Training Programs. Through his previous employment at Bell Helicopter, he held the position of Senior Flight Instructor Specialist, conducting VFR, IFR and NVG training in Bell Helicopter commercial aircraft and was the author of the Bell Helicopter P3 program. Mr. Rowles founded Palm Beach Helicopters, an FAA Part 141 training school located in Palm Beach, Florida, after an early beginning in helicopters in the 1980s washing aircraft in exchange for flight time. His first opportunity in the helicopter industry was in the field of aerial application.
Mr. Rowles has previously held positions to include Chief Pilot and Check Airman of all flight operations for a FAA Part 133 & 135 operation in the South Florida area. He has extensive experience in EMS, Corporate, Utility and Flight Training having accumulated more than 12,500 hours. He was designated as the first Master Certified Flight Instructor (MCFI) for Helicopters in 2010 and was the first MCFI in the State of Texas.
Since 1996, Mr. Rowles has specialized in Foreign Pilot certification issues as a Designated Pilot Examiner in the South Florida FAA district. Randy has been a presenter with the Helicopter Association International (HAI) Flight Instructor Refresher Clinic (FIRC) and currently serves as the Assistant Chief Instructor of the FIRC. In addition, he is the former Chairman of the HAI Flight Training Committee and Board Member for the National EMS Pilots Association (NEMSPA). Randy currently holds an MBA from Texas Christian University and currently resides in Fort Worth, Texas with his wife of twenty years and two children. The contact email address for Randy Rowles isÂ [email protected].
Era Helicopters President Robert Van de Vuurst states, “We are very pleased that Randy has agreed to join the Era Training Center team. His qualifications and experience in the industry are second to none, and he will help Era Training Center to expand and continue to be the best Part 142 Training Center in the world.”
About Era Training Center
Era Training Center (ETC), a joint venture between Era Group Inc. and Frasca International, and provides sophisticated, multidisciplinary helicopter flight training through innovative programs and state-of-the-art Flight Simulator Training Devices (FSTDs). ETC holds a CFR Part 142 Certificate, designating it as an FAA-approved training center, and also is certified by ANAC, the aviation authority of Brazil. ETC’s existing Lake Charles, Louisiana, facility features three FAA-approved Level 6 FSTDs; the EC135 P2+ and AS350B2 designed by Frasca International, and the AW139 designed by AgustaWestland as prime contractor, partnering with Frasca International.
ETC offers diverse training programs that are provided to a wide array of helicopter personnel, including corporate, oil and gas, EMS, ENG, law enforcement, government and military users. ETC is a USAIG approved “Safety Bucks” training center.
To learn more about Era Training Center and available courses, visitwww.eratrainingcenter.comÂ or for additional information, contact Ryann Tadlock, Marketing Manager atÂ (337) 656-4200.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1