HAI President Matt Zuccaro and Government Affairs Vice President Ann Carroll on Thursday met with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)to discuss concerns of air tour operators, especially those who operate over Grand Canyon National Park. With Zuccaro and Carroll for the meeting were Alan Stephen and John Becker of Papillon Helicopters, and Brian Brusa of Maverick Helicopters.
HAI members who operate air tours over the Grand Canyon have been gravely concerned by legislative action that has given the National Park Service authority to restrict flights over the park. Language to mitigate some of the potential negative effects of the National Park Service authority has been added to a Highway authorization bill passed last week by the Senate.
Differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill will need to be resolved by a conference committee.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point