HAI President Matt Zuccaro and Government Affairs Vice President Ann Carroll on Thursday met with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)to discuss concerns of air tour operators, especially those who operate over Grand Canyon National Park. With Zuccaro and Carroll for the meeting were Alan Stephen and John Becker of Papillon Helicopters, and Brian Brusa of Maverick Helicopters.
HAI members who operate air tours over the Grand Canyon have been gravely concerned by legislative action that has given the National Park Service authority to restrict flights over the park. Language to mitigate some of the potential negative effects of the National Park Service authority has been added to a Highway authorization bill passed last week by the Senate.
Differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill will need to be resolved by a conference committee.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit