HAI President Matt Zuccaro and Government Affairs Vice President Ann Carroll on Thursday met with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)to discuss concerns of air tour operators, especially those who operate over Grand Canyon National Park. With Zuccaro and Carroll for the meeting were Alan Stephen and John Becker of Papillon Helicopters, and Brian Brusa of Maverick Helicopters.
HAI members who operate air tours over the Grand Canyon have been gravely concerned by legislative action that has given the National Park Service authority to restrict flights over the park. Language to mitigate some of the potential negative effects of the National Park Service authority has been added to a Highway authorization bill passed last week by the Senate.
Differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill will need to be resolved by a conference committee.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement