L-3 MAS announced that it has received a contract from The Boeing Company to provide technical publication services for Canadaâ€™s new Medium-to-Heavy Lift Helicopter (MHLH), the CH-147F Chinook.
L-3 MAS will provide language translation for aircrew technical publications products, as well as data conversion, language translation and development of S1000D Issue 4.0.1-Compliant Interactive Electronic Technical Publications for CH-147F maintainers.
â€œWe are honored to be chosen by Boeing to support the Canadian Chinook In-Service Support Program,â€ said Jacques Comtois, vice president and general manager of L-3 MAS. â€œThis success is a testament to our continued investment in the latest technologies and standards, flawless execution, and long-term partnerships. We look forward to continuing our long, mutually beneficial relationship with The Boeing Company.â€
L-3 MAS has invested in the development of a number of unique, industry-leading technical publications products, including its IETM/IETP viewer, CGM and Intelligent Wiring Diagram viewer, and XML/CGM authoring tools. These products, when combined with L-3 MASâ€™ commitment to service, have become the de facto standard for the Royal Canadian Air Force and are currently being used on five different aircraft fleets.
â€œBoeing is pleased to be working with companies across Canada, including L-3 MAS, to ensure the right infrastructure is in place to support the Canadian Forcesâ€™ CH-147F fleet,â€ said Jim Oâ€™Neill, vice president and general manager of Boeing Integrated Logistics. â€œWe will support the operational readiness of these Chinooks while managing overall life-cycle cost and providing long-term opportunities for the Canadian aerospace industry and workforce.â€
This subcontract is in line with Canadaâ€™s Industrial & Regional Benefits (IRB) policy and is an integral part of Boeingâ€™s IRB program for the MHLH In-Service Support Program, which will bring benefits of approximately U.S. $2 billion to Canada over a 20-year period. Through its IRB programs, Boeing continues a history of more than 90 years of creating long-term, high-value opportunities with Canadian industry. For more information, visit www.boeing.ca.
About L-3 MAS
L-3 MAS, a division of L-3â€™s Integrated Systems Group, is among Canadaâ€™s leading providers of aircraft life-cycle extension services, aircraft in-service support services and aerostructures to government and commercial customers. L-3 MAS is headquartered in Mirabel, Quebec, and employs 900 people at operating centers across Canada and in Williamtown, Australia. L-3 MASâ€™ Aerostructures Center of Excellence offers turnkey solutions in component design, systems integration, prototyping, manufacturing, repair, and overhaul and certification. To learn more about L-3 MAS, please visit the companyâ€™s website at www.L-3com.com/mas.
About L-3 Communications
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 61,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2011 sales of $15.2 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the companyâ€™s website at www.L-3com.com.
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Honeywell Secures Repair and Overhaul Contract for US Army Chinook Fleet
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- RAAF new Chinook HQ to boost local Townsville economy
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- S.A.F.E. Structure Designs wins $1M CH-47F fall protection platform contract
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Coulson and Unical join forces to form Coulson Unical
- UTC Unveils New Lightweight Ballistic Protection
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Boeing Awarded $199M Contract for H-47 Rotor Blade Support
- Honeywell Awarded $20M Contract for CH-47 Engine Support
- US delivers new Chinook to Turkey despite F-35 problem
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- CAE joins Boeing H-47 Chinook team
- Boeing, Rohde & Schwarz Sign Agreement
- Boeing partners with 10 German Aerospace Companies
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded
- Israel prefers CH-47F to CH-53K