Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream