Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- Flight Safety Foundation announces new CEO
- Canadian Coast Guard announces new facility in New Brunswick
- CPI Aero names ex Bell CEO as their new Chairman
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days