Five decades of Eurocopter helicopter operations by the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie were celebrated today at the 2012 Marrakech Air Show, where a commemorative plaque was presented to the military service.
The Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie Air Squadron operates a fleet of Eurocopter rotorcraft that covers the companyâ€™s product range, with an inventory including SA3130 Alouette II, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette III, SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma, AS355 Ecureuil, AS550 Fennec, EC135, EC145, EC225, EC332 Super Puma and AS365 Dauphin.
Duties performed by this fleet range from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime missions to VIP transport and firefighting.
â€œThe Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie is an example of world-class excellence in helicopter operations, and it is highly appropriate that we honor 50 years of service with its diverse Eurocopter fleet,â€ said LoÃ¯c Porcheron, Eurocopter’s Vice President for Middle East and Africa.
Presentation of the commemorative Eurocopter plaque was made at the Marrakesh Air Show to Col. Maj. Lahcen Beraoud, who received it on behalf of general four stars commanding officer of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms