Thales has been awarded a contract by the Service Industriel de l’AÃ©ronautique (SIAÃ©), France’s military aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul service, to supply stand-alone GPS receivers for the French Navy’s Lynx helicopters, which are currently being upgraded by the French defence procurement agency (DGA).
Thalesâ€™s GNSS 1000-S receiver relies on SAASM (Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module) technology to access military GPS encrypted signals. This technology also uses state-of-the-art signal processing offering extended satellite tracking capabilities in terms of precision, integrity, availability and jamming resistance in severe operational conditions.
This contract consolidates Thalesâ€™s European leadership in the field of military GPS receivers, which already equip FREMM multi-mission frigates, cruise missiles, Tiger helicopters, C-135 refuelling aircraft, Atlantique-2 marine patrol aircraft and Mirage 2000D fighters in service with the French armed forces, and the tanker aircraft being delivered for the UKâ€™s FSTA (Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft) programme.
The GNSS 1000-S is part of Thalesâ€™s suite of GNSS* products which will be presented at the European Navigation Conference in Gdansk, Poland, from 25-27 April, 2012 on the Galileo Services booth.
- Leonardo’s upgraded Super Lynx Makes Successful Maiden Flight
- Westwind selects L3’s Lynx NGT-9000 for the ADS-B Solution
- Sea Skua is fired for the last time from HMS Portland’s Lynx
- Royal Navy Lynx instructors awarded Trophy with support from CAE
- Leonardo to upgrade Portuguese Navy Lynxes
- British military thanks landing site owners
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- Vector completes last Lynx overhaul
- Babcock win large Royal Navy helicopter maintenance contract
- XPO to ship eight Lynxes from Brazil to UK
- Brazilian Lynx fleet to receive new protection suite
- Vector demonstrates flexibility in Portuguese Lynx programme
- NATO contracts CAE for maintenance of Lynx full-mission flight trainer
- 23-Feb-15 Westland Lynx Cape Town, South Africa
- L-3 Officially Launches Its Lynx® Line of ADS-B Products
- Lynx pilot gets Royal Navy wings from Prince Andrew
- Helicopter world speed record holder Trevor Egginton dies
- Algerian Navy about to receive first Super Lynx 300s
- World Record Holder receives Heritage Award
- 27-Sep-14 AgustaWestland Lynx Fryton, UK