We have now launched an Interactive Mission Map on our website. Each postcode area will show a breakdown of missions that London’s Air Ambulance has attended in that vicinity since 1st January 2012.
We attend over 2,000 missions in the Capital per year, only tending to those patients who are critically injured and in whom every minute counts. Missions commonly involve serious road traffic collisions, falls from heights, incidents on the rail network and assaults.
The postcodes in the map represent approximate areas and are not exact locations.
The aim of the map is to create awareness of the type of injury and the areas covered by the London’s Air Ambulance Charity. London’s Air Ambulance serves the whole of London, within the M25 – over 10 million people who live, work and commute daily. The medical team, which includes a senior trauma doctor and a paramedic, carry out procedures at the roadside, such as open chest surgery, blood transfusions and anaesthesia, that are normally only found in the hospital emergency departments.
Our charity provides 24 hour care to Londoners, using a helicopter by day and rapid response cars by night to deliver its medical expertise when it is needed most.
Commenting on the 2011 statistics, Dr Gareth Davies, Medical Director and Chair of the Trustees, said: “By giving our audience a snapshot of the work that we do, we really hope that this map will highlight just how much work the Charity does and the vital role it plays in helping to save the lives of people in London.
- Tanis receives STC for MD902 Preheat System
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance confirms sale of 2 MD902 Helicopters
- Hungarian Police introduce MD902 fleet bought pre-owned from Germany
- Busiest Day in the Year for Lincolnshire and Nottingham Air Ambulance
- Londons Air Ambulance wins Pride of Britain Award
- London Air Ambulance boss quits
- Cornwall Air Ambulance make milestone 26,000th rescue
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- Hungarian Police buys five pre-owned MD Explorers
- Londons Air Ambulance launches photo competition for 2017 calendar
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance go 24×7 – but on four wheels
- Name for second MD Explorer announced by London Air Ambulance
- Cornwall Air Ambulance extends HQ with help of banking fines
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust to replace MD Explorer with AW169
- Universal Avionics flies MD902 with InSight Integrated Flight Deck
- Cornwall Air Ambulance recruits eight doctors
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance orders second H145
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned