Luis Guillermo Angel Restrepo and his company Helicargo S.A. will bring the newly unveiled Bell 525 “super medium” helicopter to Colombian skies in the near future. Angel Restrepo (Helicargo) will have sole authority to distribute this helicopter in Colombia and will begin marketing this model immediately.
With literally an audience of thousands, Bell Helicopter put its mark on the oil platform helicopter market by unveiling what it calls a “super medium” size Bell 525 Relentless at Heli-Expo in Dallas. The 18,000-pound plus helicopter is expected to have a speed of 150 knots. Helicargo, a firm specializing in helicopter transportation contributed to the research and development for the 16-passenger helicopter.
“Having Helicargo and our other customers engage with us on this unprecedented new aircraft validates our product development strategies–placing our customers at the center of everything we do,” said Luis Guillermo.
The helicopter will be powered by two GE CT7-2F1 engines of 1,800 shaft horsepower each and feature the Garmin G5000H integrated avionics suite–an avionics system for helicopters also announced at Heli-Expo this week.
It could fly by 2014 and be certified by 2015.
Helicargo is an helicopter distributor and operator company of Colombia that offers the service of transportation for companies and individual operation.
- Bell bundles SiriusXM Aviation Weather & Audio with new helicopters
- Bell 525 Relentless Completes Noise Testing Milestone
- Bell and Wintershall Dea Set Sights for Innovative North Sea Operations
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- Bell 525 engine receives certification from FAA
- FAA certifies GE CT7-2F1 engine for Bell 525
- Donaldson Delivers Filtration Systems for Bell 525 Relentless
- Bell expands Flight Research Center
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- 4th B525 flight test vehicle takes flight
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- PPG awarded heated windshield contract for B525 Relentless
- Bell 525 certification heads for spring 2019
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo display
- Certification Deferral for Bell 525 Relentless
- Bell CEO Talks of Market Decline
- V-22 Workload for Bell, after layoffs
- Helitech 2016: ITT Shake Guru addresses Bell 525 and 505 flight
- Bell 525 VIP interior proposed by Mecaer