Robinson Helicopter Co are continuing to work through a number of outstanding issues in getting the R66 certified in Europe by EASA.Â THe main obstacle remains the design of the hydraulic servo.Â EASA is evaluating what is referred to as an “Equivalent Level Of Safety” finding which is in progress between RHC and the FAA.
Robinson are to have the opportunity to present directly to a panel of experts before a final decision is made by EASA – but no date has yet been set for this.Â RHC are confident they can answer any questions put to them by this panel.
Meanwhile, RHC continues to work with FAA and Transport Canada to complete the ELOS to get the R66 certified in Canada.Â Many months have passed in this process, although RHC are hopeful that the list of final requirements for Transport Canada will be issued shortly. The delay is currently on the FAA side for them to submit responses to questions posed by Transport Canada.Â Once these all meet with Transport Canada approval, RHC expects testing should be completed within a month.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook
- Mornington-Sanford Aviation run world-first R66 Part 147 B2 Course
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; Aircraft arrives Birgunj Custom
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- Donaldson to celebrate 9000th IBF delivery at HAI Heli-Expo
- Magellan Wire Strike Protection System™ Now Available for R66
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Prabhu Helicopter to receive brand new R66 Turbine Helicopter by September
- 21-Aug-17 RA-05750 Robinson R66 Maly Utrish, Russia (1F)