Eurocopterâ€™s participation at the KADEX-2012 exhibition will underscore its helicopter product line capabilities to meet Kazakhstanâ€™s military, government and public protection mission requirements, while also spotlighting the companyâ€™s commitment to industrial partnerships in the country.
To be held May 3-6 at the Astana Air Force Base, KADEX-2012 is to include the presence of an EC725 Cougar-family rotary-wing aircraft for the French Army, along with scale models of its multi-role EC145 and the Tiger attack helicopter.
Eurocopter also will focus on the companyâ€™s important in-country industrial and commercial relationships, which are built on the Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineering joint venture. This effort has seen the assembly and delivery of an initial six EC145s for the Kazakh Ministry of Defense and Ministry of Emergency Situations from a framework contract for 45 of these twin-engine medium-size helicopters.
â€œWith our presence at KADEX-2012, Eurocopter is highlighting the companyâ€™s deployment of major industrial capacities for the Kazakh aviation industry, laying the groundwork for the development of a new, highly specialized sector in this country,â€ said Olivier Lambert, Eurocopterâ€™s Senior Vice President for Sales and Customer Relations. â€œThe Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineering joint venture is well positioned for future development locally, as we are poised to provide operators with helicopters that are particularly well suited for parapublic missions â€“ including emergency medical services, homeland security and patrol -, Corporate and VIP transportation, along with oil and gas industryâ€.
The EC145s being assembled in Kazakhstan are the rotorcraft of choice in their category, with more than 500 delivered overall to some 100 customers in 38 countries â€“ including the U.S. Army, which has received 200 of the 346 UH-72A Light Utility Helicopter versions planned for acquisition by the military service.
In Kazakhstan, the full complement of 45 EC145s covered by the Kazakh governmentâ€™s framework agreement will be built and customized by the 50/50 Eurocopter/Kazakhstan Engineering joint venture at Astana, with their completion targeted for 2016. Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineering also will develop local maintenance and training capabilities to support EC145 operations in the country, as well as across the regionâ€™s new regional customs union zone, and throughout Central Asia. Additionally, the organization will oversee sales activities for these areas.
The KADEX-2012 presence of Eurocopterâ€™s EC725 will demonstrate this 11-metric-ton rotorcraftâ€™s mission capabilities for customers worldwide. To date, military services have ordered 117 helicopters from the EC725/EC225 family for deployment in Europe, Latin and South America, as well as Asia. Eurocopter designed the EC725 from the start as a true multi-role helicopter, capable of performing missions that include search and rescue (SAR), combat SAR,
long-distance tactical transport and medical airlift, along with logistics support and special operations. In addition, it is well suited for naval missions. The EC725â€™s efficiency has been clearly demonstrated by the French â€œCaracalâ€ version during operations in Afghanistan.
Eurocopterâ€™s KADEX-2012 display of its Tiger attack helicopter as a scale model showcases this two-seat rotorcraftâ€™s service with armies of France, Germany, Spain and Australia â€“ including combat action in Afghanistan. With both the Tiger and EC725 Caracal deployed in the Afghan theater of operations, the two helicopters have shown their complementary capabilities.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit