Spidertracks are putting their spiders to the ultimate test next month. From May 3â€“21, in conjunction with Northern Lights Avionics, and Land and Sea Aviation, spidertracks will be performing an â€œAir Tourâ€ of Alaska. They will be traveling to tradeshows and various areas of Southern and Central Alaska, tracking their journey with a Spider S4.
Spidertracksâ€™ North American Sales Manager, P. Jerry Lee, will be piloting the tour and attending â€˜The Great Alaska Aviation Gatheringâ€™ and the â€˜Valdez Fly-Inâ€™. Heâ€™s looking forward to braving the Alaskan skies and involving spidertracks customers and enthusiasts in the journey. â€œThis is a great opportunity for us to show the public our Spiderâ€™s capabilities. Anyone will be able to follow our progress and see the unit in action, online and at the tradeshows â€“ itâ€™s an exciting venture that weâ€™re looking forward to getting underway.â€
Jerry will be making his first stop at the â€˜The Great Alaska Aviation Gatheringâ€™, May 5-6, located at booth #167. He will then be travelling across Alaska before attending the Valdez Fly-In, May 11-13, stationed directly across from the Pilot Registration booth.
Northern Lights Avionics is the headline sponsor for the tour. They will be hosting an event with Spidertracks at their shop in Anchorage on the afternoon of Saturday, May 19. This event will allow customers and enthusiasts the opportunity to interact with Jerry and learn more about the Spidertracks system. Land and Sea Aviation of Anchorage is also supporting the campaign by providing Spidertracks with an 8KCAB Super Decathlon aircraft for the Air Tour. The Spider S4, will provide the Air Tour campaign with: Two way SMS text messaging & emails, Iridium-based real-time flight tracking, real-time global situational awareness for support staff, automatic notification messaging for take off and landing, automated SOS messaging, and ELT/EPIRB-like capabilities.
Spider Tracks Limited, a New Zealand company founded in 2007, tracks aircraft in real time using spiders to send aircraft location to a web app. Partnered with Iridium, the worldâ€™s most comprehensive satellite network, spidertracks is committed to improving the efficiency and ensuring the safety of aircraft fleets, by providing the highest level of system integrity and complete global coverage. The portable, reliable and cost-effective spider units have been sold to clients in more than 60 countries, providing accurate flight, marine and vehicle tracking globally.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards