Spidertracks are putting their spiders to the ultimate test next month. From May 3â€“21, in conjunction with Northern Lights Avionics, and Land and Sea Aviation, spidertracks will be performing an â€œAir Tourâ€ of Alaska. They will be traveling to tradeshows and various areas of Southern and Central Alaska, tracking their journey with a Spider S4.
Spidertracksâ€™ North American Sales Manager, P. Jerry Lee, will be piloting the tour and attending â€˜The Great Alaska Aviation Gatheringâ€™ and the â€˜Valdez Fly-Inâ€™. Heâ€™s looking forward to braving the Alaskan skies and involving spidertracks customers and enthusiasts in the journey. â€œThis is a great opportunity for us to show the public our Spiderâ€™s capabilities. Anyone will be able to follow our progress and see the unit in action, online and at the tradeshows â€“ itâ€™s an exciting venture that weâ€™re looking forward to getting underway.â€
Jerry will be making his first stop at the â€˜The Great Alaska Aviation Gatheringâ€™, May 5-6, located at booth #167. He will then be travelling across Alaska before attending the Valdez Fly-In, May 11-13, stationed directly across from the Pilot Registration booth.
Northern Lights Avionics is the headline sponsor for the tour. They will be hosting an event with Spidertracks at their shop in Anchorage on the afternoon of Saturday, May 19. This event will allow customers and enthusiasts the opportunity to interact with Jerry and learn more about the Spidertracks system. Land and Sea Aviation of Anchorage is also supporting the campaign by providing Spidertracks with an 8KCAB Super Decathlon aircraft for the Air Tour. The Spider S4, will provide the Air Tour campaign with: Two way SMS text messaging & emails, Iridium-based real-time flight tracking, real-time global situational awareness for support staff, automatic notification messaging for take off and landing, automated SOS messaging, and ELT/EPIRB-like capabilities.
Spider Tracks Limited, a New Zealand company founded in 2007, tracks aircraft in real time using spiders to send aircraft location to a web app. Partnered with Iridium, the worldâ€™s most comprehensive satellite network, spidertracks is committed to improving the efficiency and ensuring the safety of aircraft fleets, by providing the highest level of system integrity and complete global coverage. The portable, reliable and cost-effective spider units have been sold to clients in more than 60 countries, providing accurate flight, marine and vehicle tracking globally.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management