Spidertracks are putting their spiders to the ultimate test next month. From May 3â€“21, in conjunction with Northern Lights Avionics, and Land and Sea Aviation, spidertracks will be performing an â€œAir Tourâ€ of Alaska. They will be traveling to tradeshows and various areas of Southern and Central Alaska, tracking their journey with a Spider S4.
Spidertracksâ€™ North American Sales Manager, P. Jerry Lee, will be piloting the tour and attending â€˜The Great Alaska Aviation Gatheringâ€™ and the â€˜Valdez Fly-Inâ€™. Heâ€™s looking forward to braving the Alaskan skies and involving spidertracks customers and enthusiasts in the journey. â€œThis is a great opportunity for us to show the public our Spiderâ€™s capabilities. Anyone will be able to follow our progress and see the unit in action, online and at the tradeshows â€“ itâ€™s an exciting venture that weâ€™re looking forward to getting underway.â€
Jerry will be making his first stop at the â€˜The Great Alaska Aviation Gatheringâ€™, May 5-6, located at booth #167. He will then be travelling across Alaska before attending the Valdez Fly-In, May 11-13, stationed directly across from the Pilot Registration booth.
Northern Lights Avionics is the headline sponsor for the tour. They will be hosting an event with Spidertracks at their shop in Anchorage on the afternoon of Saturday, May 19. This event will allow customers and enthusiasts the opportunity to interact with Jerry and learn more about the Spidertracks system. Land and Sea Aviation of Anchorage is also supporting the campaign by providing Spidertracks with an 8KCAB Super Decathlon aircraft for the Air Tour. The Spider S4, will provide the Air Tour campaign with: Two way SMS text messaging & emails, Iridium-based real-time flight tracking, real-time global situational awareness for support staff, automatic notification messaging for take off and landing, automated SOS messaging, and ELT/EPIRB-like capabilities.
Spider Tracks Limited, a New Zealand company founded in 2007, tracks aircraft in real time using spiders to send aircraft location to a web app. Partnered with Iridium, the worldâ€™s most comprehensive satellite network, spidertracks is committed to improving the efficiency and ensuring the safety of aircraft fleets, by providing the highest level of system integrity and complete global coverage. The portable, reliable and cost-effective spider units have been sold to clients in more than 60 countries, providing accurate flight, marine and vehicle tracking globally.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award