The Kazakhstan government has placed additional orders for eight EC145 helicopters in terms of a framework agreement covering 45 of these multi-role rotorcrafts, which are to be assembled in-country by the Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineering joint venture.
These latest bookings â€“ announced today at the KADEX-2012 military exposition in Astana â€“ consist of six EC145s in a medical evacuation configuration for the Ministry of Emergency Situations, along with two to be operated by the Ministry of Defense for search and rescue missions. They follow Kazakhstanâ€™s initial acquisition of six similarly-configured EC145s last year, which were assembled and delivered during 2011 to both of the government ministries.
â€œThe new orders build on our successful cooperation with Kazakhstan, and will provide additional state-of-the-art helicopters to meet its vertical airlift needs in a full range of operations,â€ said Olivier Michalon, Eurocopterâ€™s Vice President of Global Business & Services for Europe and Central Asia. â€œThis marks a new step in our joint venture with Kazakhstan Engineering, which brings key capabilities in developing the countryâ€™s aviation expertise.â€
With operations adjacent to Astana International Airport, the Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineering joint venture is responsible for helicopter assembly and customization, along with maintenance, support and training services. Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineering also pursues sales activities throughout the region.
The EC145 is a helicopter of choice in its medium-size twin-engine category. With more than 500 delivered to some 100 customers in 38 countries, this rotorcraft benefits from its flexibility and versatility in worldwide operations â€“ particularly the extreme low-temperature conditions encountered in Kazakhstan. EC145s are used in a wide range of missions, including on-shore and off-shore airlift for the oil and gas industries, emergency medical services, police and public services, business and VIP transportation, along with a growing deployment for the maintenance of wind turbine fields.
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana