The investment for more than 100 million will bring new production capacity.
AERO Vodochody, the Czech largest aircraft manufacturer opened new shop for components made of composite materials. The company believes the new and bigger workplace will bring new production capacity and attract new customers. The competitiveness of Aero will be also improved by extension of manufacturing capabilities and knowledge of working with composite materials.
The biggest aviation composite shop in the Czech Republic required investment of 105 million CZK. The investment was supported by the European Union. â€œBuilding of this workshop is a milestone in development of AERO Vodochody,â€ pointed Ladislav Å imek, president of the company. â€œOur partners watched this investment very carefully, because today an aircraft manufacturer can neither successfully operate nor obtain new commissions without modern composite manufacturing.â€
The investment group Penta, 100% owner of Aero, does not hide its satisfaction as well. â€žWe will not stop investing in Aero, because Penta sees a big potential in aviation industry. We believe Aero can play an even greater role in global aviation industry,â€ promised Marek Dospiva of Penta group.
Aero has more than twenty years of experience with processing composite materials. There has been only one composite shop in AERO Vodochody until now, but Aero is moving production out of its subsidiary company, Rotortech Aero Composites based in the Great Britain, so it needed to extend its production capacities. The production will cover mainly needs of existing projects of Aero. â€œThe workshop is built primarily for satisfaction of our current customers but if we have some spare capacities, we will be able to satisfy also third partyâ€™s requests,â€ said Å imek.
â€œWe use the best available technologies. Our autoclave is the most modern in the country and all the procedures comply with stringent international standards,â€ said project manager Pavel Kocour. In the hall of 5400 square metres is located autoclave of 9×3,7 metres, clean room of 500 square metres and curing oven.
In the newly reconstructed hall, eighty to one hundred employees can work in full operation. â€œWe moved some of the employees from another production, we hired others. They have been trained since October, so they can start working as soon as the workshop is ready,â€ added Kocour. The first products will be delivered in following days; full series production should start in the second half of this year.
AERO Vodochody manufactures aircraft and aircraft components since 1919. For most of its history Aero focused on production of training aircraft, since 2000 it began to focus more on international cooperation programmes. The main partners of AERO Vodochody are Sikorsky Aircraft, Embraer, SONACA or Czech army. Since 2007, Aero is owned by Penta investment group.
Aero obtained the contract for manufacturing all cabin doors, cargo ramp, rear fuselage and manufacturing and development of fixed leading edge for military transport aircraft KC-390 of Brazilian company Embraer. It also delivered the first cockpits for legendary helicopter Black Hawk. In June, Aero cofounded the Confederation of the Czech Aviation Industry to improve competitiveness of the Czech aviation industry and attract new businesses.
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract