L-3 WESCAM announced today that it will sign a Service Center Agreement with King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau (KADDB) to open a WESCAM Authorized Service Center (WASC) in Jordan. KADDB is an independent government entity in Jordan that designs and develops defence products and security solutions in the Middle East.
The contract is scheduled to be signed at the SOFEX trade show in Amman, Jordan, on Wednesday May 9, 2012. The event will take place in the KADDB Investment Group booth, within the KIG Hall, at 11:00 a.m.
The new WASC is scheduled to be operational by December 2012 and will provide customers in Jordan and throughout the Middle East region with maintenance and repair capabilities. To offer even more support services, a planned expansion of the facility is expected over the next two to three years, with additional investments in tooling and testing equipment.
â€œWe are proud to welcome KADDB to our global network of service centers,â€ said Paul Jennison, vice president of sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. â€œThe new WASC will be an important resource in delivering convenient in-service support to our Middle Eastern customers.â€
â€œKADDB aims at becoming the preferred service supplier in the region, and we believe that this can be achieved by teaming with a reputable company, such as L-3 WESCAM,â€ said Shadi Al-Majali, chairman and chief executive officer of KADDB. â€œKADDB is pleased to join L-3 WESCAMâ€™s ever-growing global network of service centers.â€
The addition of KADDB as an authorized service center brings L-3 WESCAMâ€™s global facility count to 12, with other strategically located facilities in the U.K., Australia, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, Colombia, Jordan, the United States and Canada. These centers are in close proximity to L-3 WESCAMâ€™s customers, allowing the company to offer local service and expertise, while providing customers with improved turnaround times.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral airborne imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the companyâ€™s website atÂ www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 61,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2011 sales of $15.2 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the companyâ€™s website atÂ www.L-3com.com.
- Bell teams with industry leaders to form Team Invictus
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum