DART Helicopter Services is pleased to announce that their subsidiary partner Apical Industries has received EASA approval for their AW139 Cable Cutters Kits.Â FAA approval has been previously received and Transport Canada approval is pending.
The APICAL AW139 Cable Cutters Kits provide a means of protecting the helicopter during a wire strike by providing the capability to cut a cable/wire before catastrophic aircraft damage occurs.Â The kits are designed to reduce the possibility of a cable/wire entering the cockpit and to reduce the chance of flight control damage.Â Similar cable/wire cutting devices have proven to be effective even during multiple wire strikes.Â The kits incorporate both an upper and lower deflectors and cutters and each cutter is designed with high strength cutting blades.Â The Apical cutter design was tested to verify the capability to cut multiple cables with a combined tensile strength of 32,100 lbs.Â The Apical kits also contain deflectors for the windshield wiper posts.Â Depending on your configuration, the Apical kits are offered in two configurations, one with a shorter lower deflector, and one with a longer lower deflector that covers more frontal area against a possible cable strike.Â An optional GPS Antenna Mount Kit is also available, which allows the antenna to be placed on the upper cutter deflector for ideal positioning of the antenna.
â€Our cable cutters product line continues to expand and we are very pleased to be able to offer our AW139 Kits to our European customersâ€, stated Steve Joseph, Vice President of US Operations, DART Helicopter Services.
Apical Products are Proudly Distributed by:Â DARTÂ Helicopter Services, 1270 Aberdeen Street, Hawkesbury, ON K6A 1K7 (www.darthelicopterservices.
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139