Canadian Helicopters Group Inc. (TSX: CHL.A, CHL.B) (“the Company”), an international provider of helicopter transportation and related support services, announced that the Company’s shareholders approved a special resolution to change the Company’s name from “Canadian Helicopters Group Inc.” to “HNZ Group Inc.” at the Company’s annual and special meeting of shareholders held today. The name change is subject to the approval of theÂ TorontoÂ Stock Exchange and, provided this approval is obtained, the Company intends to implement the name change inÂ July 2012. The Company’s common shares and variable voting shares would then trade under the symbols “HNZ.A” and “HNZ.B”, respectively.
ABOUT CANADIAN HELICOPTERS GROUP INC.
Canadian Helicopters Group is an international provider of helicopter transportation and related support services with fixed primary operations inÂ Canada,Â Australia,Â New ZealandÂ and regions of Southeast Asia. The group also delivers contracted on demand support inÂ AfghanistanÂ and Antarctica. Charter operations are provided under two brands: HelicoptersÂ New ZealandÂ (HNZ) in the Asia Pacific and Antarctica regions and Canadian Helicopters Limited (CHL) inÂ CanadaÂ andÂ Afghanistan. In addition to charter services, the Company provides flight training and third party repair and maintenance services. With headquarters nearÂ Montreal,Â Canada, the Company operates approximately 140 helicopters and employs approximately 800 personnel.
This press release contains forward-looking statements relating to the proposed name change. Forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially. Consequently, readers should not place any undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. In addition, these forward-looking statements relate to the date on which they were made. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise unless being required by applicable laws.
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama