From May 17-19, as part of continued efforts to expandÂ its global presence and outreach to members, HAI participated in the 5th International Helicopter Industry Exhibition, HeliRussia, at the Crocus Expo Center in Moscow.
Matt Zuccaro, president of HAI; Stan Rose, HAI director of Safety; and Nick Prelosky, staffer of the Helicopter Foundation International (HFI), joined more than 200 companies from around the world at the only exhibition in Russia that features the entire range of products and services provided by the helicopter industry.
At the opening ceremony on the first day of the exhibition, declared â€œDay of Russian Helicopters,â€ Matt Zuccaro spoke to a gathered audience of industry representatives, noting the excellent job the producers of HeliRussia have done over the years in developing a professional, productive trade show, and extremely relevant and comprehensive discussions and educational forums.
Global market leaders including Eurocopter, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, and Bell Helicopter were present â€“ in all, 15 companies from the USA had a presence at the show this year. HeliRussia 2012 also featured two world premiÃ¨res: Russian Helicopters Holding presented a multi-purpose transport-passenger helicopter, medium class, developed by Kamov JSC; and Russian-Czech company, RUMAS Group, presented the Rumas 10 light 2-seater coaxial helicopter.
At the Sikorsky display, Matt Zuccaro spoke with Kevin Bredenbeck, Sikorsky Chief Pilot and test pilot of the X2, about current technology initiatives. The HAI team also met up with Sergei Sikorsky, thanking him once again for his fascinating keynote address at HAIâ€™s Salute to Excellence Awards dinner at HELI-EXPO 2012 in Dallas, Texas.
The exhibition hosted numerous safety-based seminars, including â€œNew Technologies of Helicopter Safety Management,â€ which shared the experiences of international members of the industry, while Matt Zuccaro and Stan Rose met with AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini and senior vice president of Commercial Business, Emilio Dalmasso, to talk about industry safety initiatives.
Over the three days of the exhibition, more than 30 international conferences, round tables, seminars and presentations took place. HeliRussia has already established itself as a springboard for entry into the European and global markets. One of the key events of the exhibition was the â€œHelicopter Market: Reality and Prospectsâ€ conference, which considered the parameters of the Russian helicopter market from the perspective of helicopter consumers and producers. The discussion brought together representatives of leading helicopter operators and manufacturers, and featured reports on the Russian helicopter market, global helicopter market predictions from Honeywell Aerospace, and on the U.S. helicopter market from Matt Zuccaro.
HeliRussia 2012 also featured a number of celebratory events. The main event this year was the annual Helicopter Industry Association award ceremony, which took place at an association gala evening on May 18.
Reflecting on another successful show, HAI President Matt Zuccaro said, â€œHAI has supported the HeliRussia initiative from the beginning, and we will continue to do so.â€
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual