L-3 WESCAM announced today that it has been awarded an in-service support contract valued at $10 million by Public Works and Government Services Canada on behalf of the Canadian Department of National Defence (DND). The contract fulfills the DNDâ€™s requirement for long-term product support of its WESCAM electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) imaging systems and mission equipment packages as part of the Interoperable Griffon Reconnaissance Escort Surveillance System (INGRESS) program.
â€œWe are extremely proud of how the systems are performing for the Canadian armed forces,â€ said John Dehne, president of L-3 WESCAM. â€œTogether, the DND and WESCAM designed a life-cycle support package that ensures INGRESS systems will be properly maintained to provide the highest levels of operational readiness.â€
Under the three-year contract, L-3 WESCAM will provide repair and overhaul, life-cycle management, technical investigations and engineering services, and other as-required tasks, encompassing spares, training and upgrades.
The mission equipment represented under the contract includes 21 systems in two distinct configurations, each including an MXâ„¢-15HDi and associated ancillary equipment, such as displays, multi-functional digital moving maps, digital data recorders and air-to-ground data links.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral airborne imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the companyâ€™s website atÂ www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 61,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2011 sales of $15.2 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the companyâ€™s website atÂ www.L-3com.com.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee