L-3 WESCAM announced today that it has been awarded an in-service support contract valued at $10 million by Public Works and Government Services Canada on behalf of the Canadian Department of National Defence (DND). The contract fulfills the DNDâ€™s requirement for long-term product support of its WESCAM electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) imaging systems and mission equipment packages as part of the Interoperable Griffon Reconnaissance Escort Surveillance System (INGRESS) program.
â€œWe are extremely proud of how the systems are performing for the Canadian armed forces,â€ said John Dehne, president of L-3 WESCAM. â€œTogether, the DND and WESCAM designed a life-cycle support package that ensures INGRESS systems will be properly maintained to provide the highest levels of operational readiness.â€
Under the three-year contract, L-3 WESCAM will provide repair and overhaul, life-cycle management, technical investigations and engineering services, and other as-required tasks, encompassing spares, training and upgrades.
The mission equipment represented under the contract includes 21 systems in two distinct configurations, each including an MXâ„¢-15HDi and associated ancillary equipment, such as displays, multi-functional digital moving maps, digital data recorders and air-to-ground data links.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral airborne imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the companyâ€™s website atÂ www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 61,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2011 sales of $15.2 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the companyâ€™s website atÂ www.L-3com.com.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment