Rainer Ohler, 50, is to take charge of EADS Corporate Communications as of 1 July 2012. In his new position he will be responsible for Group-wide internal and external communications at EADS, reporting directly to EADS CEO Tom Enders. Previously Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications at Airbus, Rainer Ohler now succeeds Pierre Bayle who will leave the company.
â€œPierre Bayle has been with EADS from the very beginning, and knows the Group better than almost anyone else. He was instrumental in establishing the Groupâ€™s global reputation as a strong brand. EADS is deeply grateful to him for his outstanding achievements,â€ said Tom Enders. â€œI am certain that Rainer Ohler will continue his successful work at Airbus on a Group level. His wide-ranging knowledge of all areas of communication and his long years of experience in the company are the ideal foundation on which he can further reinforce the public presence of EADS.â€
Rainer Ohler has worked for EADS and its predecessor companies since 1995, starting as executive assistant and speechwriter for the CEO of Daimler-Benz Aerospace (Dasa) in Munich. In 1998 he was appointed Vice President Press and Information for the Dasa communications department. After the foundation of EADS in the year 2000, Ohler took on the position of EADS Vice President International and German Media Relations. In 2003 he was appointed Vice President Corporate Media Relations and Head of Corporate Communications Germany. Since January 2006 Ohler has been Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications at Airbus, in which capacity he is responsible for all Government Affairs, Company Security and for leading the companyâ€™s communication activities. Ohler holds a doctorate of law.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group â€“ comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter â€“ generated revenues of â‚¬ 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of nearly 133,000.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team