Rainer Ohler, 50, is to take charge of EADS Corporate Communications as of 1 July 2012. In his new position he will be responsible for Group-wide internal and external communications at EADS, reporting directly to EADS CEO Tom Enders. Previously Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications at Airbus, Rainer Ohler now succeeds Pierre Bayle who will leave the company.
â€œPierre Bayle has been with EADS from the very beginning, and knows the Group better than almost anyone else. He was instrumental in establishing the Groupâ€™s global reputation as a strong brand. EADS is deeply grateful to him for his outstanding achievements,â€ said Tom Enders. â€œI am certain that Rainer Ohler will continue his successful work at Airbus on a Group level. His wide-ranging knowledge of all areas of communication and his long years of experience in the company are the ideal foundation on which he can further reinforce the public presence of EADS.â€
Rainer Ohler has worked for EADS and its predecessor companies since 1995, starting as executive assistant and speechwriter for the CEO of Daimler-Benz Aerospace (Dasa) in Munich. In 1998 he was appointed Vice President Press and Information for the Dasa communications department. After the foundation of EADS in the year 2000, Ohler took on the position of EADS Vice President International and German Media Relations. In 2003 he was appointed Vice President Corporate Media Relations and Head of Corporate Communications Germany. Since January 2006 Ohler has been Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications at Airbus, in which capacity he is responsible for all Government Affairs, Company Security and for leading the companyâ€™s communication activities. Ohler holds a doctorate of law.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group â€“ comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter â€“ generated revenues of â‚¬ 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of nearly 133,000.
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director