Rainer Ohler, 50, is to take charge of EADS Corporate Communications as of 1 July 2012. In his new position he will be responsible for Group-wide internal and external communications at EADS, reporting directly to EADS CEO Tom Enders. Previously Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications at Airbus, Rainer Ohler now succeeds Pierre Bayle who will leave the company.
â€œPierre Bayle has been with EADS from the very beginning, and knows the Group better than almost anyone else. He was instrumental in establishing the Groupâ€™s global reputation as a strong brand. EADS is deeply grateful to him for his outstanding achievements,â€ said Tom Enders. â€œI am certain that Rainer Ohler will continue his successful work at Airbus on a Group level. His wide-ranging knowledge of all areas of communication and his long years of experience in the company are the ideal foundation on which he can further reinforce the public presence of EADS.â€
Rainer Ohler has worked for EADS and its predecessor companies since 1995, starting as executive assistant and speechwriter for the CEO of Daimler-Benz Aerospace (Dasa) in Munich. In 1998 he was appointed Vice President Press and Information for the Dasa communications department. After the foundation of EADS in the year 2000, Ohler took on the position of EADS Vice President International and German Media Relations. In 2003 he was appointed Vice President Corporate Media Relations and Head of Corporate Communications Germany. Since January 2006 Ohler has been Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Communications at Airbus, in which capacity he is responsible for all Government Affairs, Company Security and for leading the companyâ€™s communication activities. Ohler holds a doctorate of law.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group â€“ comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter â€“ generated revenues of â‚¬ 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of nearly 133,000.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020