The Helicopter Museum in Weston-super-Mare has confirmed that the 2012 Weston Super HeliDays fly-in and static helicopter display will take place over the weekend of 21st – 22nd July at the museum’s Weston Airfield Site.
Already confirmed is the German Navy and participation from para-public agencies, in addition to a number of visiting civil helicopters from private and commercial operators.
The military aircraft are expected to arrive on Friday 20th and to remain until departure early on Monday 23rd July.
â€œWe are very pleased to be keeping this long running aviation event alive, even though we have had to relocate it from the Beach Lawns due to the recession and rising costs.â€ Said Museum Restoration Manager Rod Holloway who has acted as Head Aircraft Marshaller at the event for the last ten years â€œWeston has almost 60 years of helicopter tradition, from manufacturing to the museum and we need to continue waving the flag for future generations.â€
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation