The Helicopter Museum in Weston-super-Mare has confirmed that the 2012 Weston Super HeliDays fly-in and static helicopter display will take place over the weekend of 21st – 22nd July at the museum’s Weston Airfield Site.
Already confirmed is the German Navy and participation from para-public agencies, in addition to a number of visiting civil helicopters from private and commercial operators.
The military aircraft are expected to arrive on Friday 20th and to remain until departure early on Monday 23rd July.
â€œWe are very pleased to be keeping this long running aviation event alive, even though we have had to relocate it from the Beach Lawns due to the recession and rising costs.â€ Said Museum Restoration Manager Rod Holloway who has acted as Head Aircraft Marshaller at the event for the last ten years â€œWeston has almost 60 years of helicopter tradition, from manufacturing to the museum and we need to continue waving the flag for future generations.â€
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half