DART Helicopter Services (DHS) is pleased to announce receipt of FAA certification for another new product from their subsidiary partner Apical Industries.Â Earlier this week Apical received FAA approval for their A119/AW119MKII Cable Cutters Kit.Â EASA approval is pending.
TheÂ Apical A119 Cable Cutters KitÂ provides a means of protecting the helicopter during a cable/wire strike by providing the capability to cut a cable/wire before catastrophic damage occurs. The kit is designed to reduce the possibly of a cable/wire entering the cockpit and to reduce the chance of flight control damage. Similar cable/wire cutting devices have proven to be effective even during multiple wire strikes. The kit incorporates both an upper and lower cutter and each cutter is designed with high strength cutting blades. The Apical cutter design was tested to verify the capability to cut multiple cables with a combined tensile strength of 32,100 lbs. The Apical kit also contains machined deflectors for the wiper posts and fresh air scoop.
â€œThis new kit is a welcome addition to our expanding line of Cable Cutter products and we are very pleased to be able to offer this safety enhancement to A119/AW119MKII operatorsâ€, stated Steve Joseph, Vice President of US Operations, DART Helicopter Services.
Apical Industries areÂ Proudly Distributed by:
DARTÂ Helicopter Services, 1270 Aberdeen Street, Hawkesbury, ON K6A 1K7 (www.darthelicopterservices.
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- New Mexico – Lifeguard Air Emergency Services to launch AW119Kx operations
- Finmeccanica picks FreeFlight RA4500 radalt as AW119 standard