Helijet, based in Vancouver and best known for their scheduled services with Sikorsky S76s, has recently launched sightseeing tours of the British Columbia city with a Bell LongRanger.Â Three tours are available, 10, 20 or 30 minutes in length:-
From Vancouver Harbour Heliport, fly along the treeâ€lined coast of Stanley Park to English Bay, before soaring high above the city to see the unforgettable vista of the north shore. A 10 minute flight that seems much longer when youâ€™re actually in the air, starting at just $99 per person + tax.
Expand that tour to 20 minutes, and youâ€™ll fly along West Vancouverâ€™s coastline and over Horseshoe Bay before gently climbing 1600 metres to float between the twin peaks of The Lions. From there youâ€™ll see the hidden valleys and canyons carved deep into the north shore mountains. On the way back, pass over Capilano Lake and see Vancouver spread out before you. An extended length tour that starts at $149 per person + tax.
Max out with the 30 minute tour, and fly up Howe Sound for a view of Stawamus Chief Mountain, before turning to hover among the peaks of the north shore. On return, you see the Salish Sea, and Vancouver Island in the distance before returning to the Vancouver Harbour Heliport. A halfâ€hour you and your guests wonâ€™t forget starting at $199 per person +tax.
â€œWeâ€™re lucky to have a oneâ€ofâ€aâ€kind view that still amazes locals as well as visitors alike,â€ said Danny Sitnam, president and CEO, Helijet International. â€œThe ability to take such an exhilarating roundâ€trip right from the downtown core is a first for Vancouver, and weâ€™re anticipating a lot of interest given the combination of value, convenience and affordable prices that has not been available until now.â€
Helijetâ€™s sightseeing flights are available on a scheduled basis daily from Vancouver Harbour Heliport, dependent on suitable weather. Details available at www.helijet.com
Richmondâ€based Helijet International (TSX: HJI) is a Canadianâ€owned company, North Americaâ€™s largest scheduled helicopter service and has carried over two million passengers in the past 25 years. In addition to its scheduled and charter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters and Learjets for the Province of British Columbia and numerous medical service clients.
- Helimarte moves away from Bell to concentrate on Airbus
- 28-Jan-20 AF-302 Bell 206 Bulo, Uganda (2F)
- Jotov & Son Bulgaria purchased an Entrol H01 FNPT II simulator
- 17-Oct-19 N167AG Bell 206B Marshville, US-North Carolina (1F)
- 16-Apr-19 N61PH Bell 206B Fountain Hills, US-Arizona (2F)
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- 11-Feb-19 PT-HPG Bell 206B Jabaquara, Brazil (2F)
- 04-Feb-19 VH-NXW Bell 206 Marcoola, Australia
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Dakota Air Parts Displays New Composite Tail Rotor Blade at Heli-Expo
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- Able selected by Tucson PD for CR&O Contract
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark