Russian Helicopters, one of the worldâ€™s leading helicopter manufacturers and part of Russian state defence holding Oboronprom, and Turbomeca (Safran Group) announce that they have signed a general agreement on support cooperation of Turbomeca helicopter engines in Russia.
Such an agreement plans for Helicopter Service Company, part of Russian Helicopters group, to provide engine support services in Russia for the engines manufactured by Turbomeca and used in Russian Helicoptersâ€™ new light-class Ka-226T and medium twin Ka-62 models operated by Russian military and governmental customers.
Ural Works of Civil Aviation, part of Helicopter Service Company, will repair Turbomeca engines in Russia for military and governmental customers under the specific licence agreement.
â€œWe are pleased to be one of the members of the club of companies maintaining Turbomeca engines,â€Â Russian Helicopters CEO Dmitry Petrov said.Â â€œThis agreement reflects the high quality of the technical support provided by Helicopter Service Company, and illustrates the depth of trust between our two companies. It also means that we can offer even better service to our customers across the world through enhanced after-sales care.â€
Olivier AndriÃ¨s, Chairman and CEO of Turbomeca, said:Â â€œWe are very pleased to extend our partnership with Russian Helicopters to support services. This general agreement on support cooperation lays the groundwork for joint aftersales service of Russian rotorcraft fitted with Turbomeca engines. Once this agreement being operational, it will allow to ensure the best service for state of the art Turbomeca engines used in Russiaâ€.
# # #
Russian Helicopters, JSCÂ is a subsidiary of UIC Oboronprom, which in turn is a part of Russian Technologies State Corporation. It is one of the global leaders in helicopter production and the only helicopter design and production powerhouse in Russia. Russian Helicopters is headquartered in Moscow. The company comprises five helicopter production facilities, two design bureaus, a spare parts production and repair facility, as well as an aftersale service branch responsible for maintenance and repair in Russia and all over the world. Its helicopters are popular among Russian ministries and state authorities (Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Emergency Control Ministry), operators (Gazpromavia, UTair), major Russian corporations. Over 8000 helicopters of Soviet/Russian make are operated in 110 countries worldwide. Traditionally the demand is highest in the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Russia, and CIS countries. Russian Helicopters was established in 2007. In 2011 its IFRS revenues increased 27.8% to RUB 103.9 billion. Deliveries reached 262 helicopters.
Turbomeca (Safran group)Â is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced over 69 000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,350 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 18 Maintenance Centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. For more information: www.turbomeca.com and www.safran-group.com.
- Ka-226T becomes the world first modular helicopter
- Russian Helicopters are preparing digital production of helicopters in Ulan-Ude
- UAE to build unmanned Ka226T
- Russian Helicopters to test Ka-226T
- Indian navy rejects Ka226 due to lack of blade folding capability
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- United Arab Emirates Begins Unmanned Ka-226T Production
- Russia and India Sign Joint Venture
- India-Russian Kamov 226T Joint Venture Delayed
- India and Russian Joint Venture Documents in Final Stages
- Indian Army Retires Chetak and Cheetah Fleet
- Russian Helicopters to showcase at at an airshow in Iran
- Iran negotiates for up to 60 Ansat and Kamov Ka226T
- Russian Helicopters debuts at Defexpo India 2016
- Russian Helicopters and HAL working on new Ka226 external design
- Russian Helicopters starts build-up to Ka226 production in India
- Russian Helicopters showcases new military models at Army-2015
- Russian Helicopters announces certification of the Ansat
- Russian Helicopters announces certification of the Ka-226T
- Russian Helicopters to showcase new commercial models at HeliRussia 2015