This research forecasts the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) helicopter market, including general trends and program analysis. This market includes seven classifications of helicopter platforms as well as miscellaneous helicopter parts and services. Military helicopters provide end users with many capabilities, including air-to-ground attack and assault, troop and cargo transport, intelligence and surveillance gathering, resupply, and special missions (e.g., anti-submarine warfare). Overall, the DoD helicopter market is expected to shrink 5.5 percent each year throughout the study’s forecast period.
The 2013 Department of Defense (DoD) budget request is $xxx.xx billion, including $xxx.xx billion in base funds and $xx.xx billion in overseas contingency operations (OCO) funds.
Military helicopter funding through 2017 is forecast to experience a negative x.x percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
Procurement spending will be at least xx times greater than research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E) spending in all forecast years, except 2017.
The Army is forecasted to spend $x.xx billion on military helicopters in 2013. This represents nearly half of the total forecast budget of $xx.xx billion.
Assault/Transport is the helicopter segment with the largest 2013 budget request, at $x.xx billion.
In 2011, the DoD awarded $xx.xx billion to xxx companies in the helicopter market. Sikorsky, a United Technologies (UTX) company, was the top firm with $x.xx billion in contracts.
The top 10 market competitors were responsible for a commanding xx.x percent of market spending in 2011.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock