From commercial and military aircraft to satellites and secure communications systems, EADS and its Divisions â€“ Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter â€“ will present a wide array of innovative products at the Farnborough International Airshow, which runs from July 9 to July 15.
Visitors will see the Groupâ€™s extensive capabilities in the fields of aerospace and defence both in the air and on the ground as well as emerging technologies and research initiatives. EADSâ€™ presence at the airshow will be centred around a new twotier Pavilion (Row OE13) located close to the Airbus static aircraft display and incorporating a 500 square metre exhibition area plus the hospitality and press areas. In the flying display, Airbusâ€™ flagship double-decker A380 will make a welcome return to Farnborough along with Airbus Militaryâ€™s A400M turboprop transport aircraft that has been ordered by eight nations. Making its first appearance will be Eurocopterâ€™s EC175, a new medium twin-engine helicopter designed to offer superior mission versatility and to set the standards in offshore oil and gas operations, search and rescue,
VIP/corporate transport and other missions. It will be present in both the flying and static displays. A Royal Air Force Eurofighter Typhoon will also appear in the aerial display. EADS is a partner in the Eurofighter consortium. On the static display, there will be a number of other aircraft including an Airbus A320 equipped with fuel-saving Sharklet devices on its wing-tips, an A318 Corporate Jet and the giant A300-600ST Beluga aircraft used for transporting oversized cargo. A Portuguese Air Force C295 maritime patrol aircraft will also be present.
In the product exhibition area of the Pavilion, Airbus will present models of its future A350 XWB aircraft and C295 in the Airborne Early Warning & Antisubmarine Warfare configurations. Eurocopter meanwhile will present a model of the EC175 and the highspeed hybrid demonstrator, the X3. Astrium, the space division of EADS, will display a number of exhibits including a model of its Skynet 5 U.K. military communications satellite system as well as the airborne satellite communications terminal, AirPatrol. The latter is designed to provide end users with a light-weight, high performance communications module that is compatible with all types of aircraft and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
Cassidian, the defence and security division of EADS, will demonstrate its capabilities in areas such as border security and surveillance, cyber security and training services, particularly in the field of air systems. In the exhibition area, the so-called TouchLab system will present a border protection scenario in 3D to illustrate Cassidianâ€™s role as a lead systems integrator.
EADS Innovation Works, which operates EADSâ€™ Corporate Research & Technology laboratories around the world, will display a variety of technologies that it is pioneering and are likely to be incorporated widely in future aircraft designs. These include a model of a portable UAV produced using Additive Layer Manufacturing (ALM) technology, which is also known as 3D-printing. The aircraft has been designed by students from the University of Leeds, UK, in cooperation with EADS IW. Accredited journalists are welcome to visit the press area in the EADS Pavilion throughout the week. In addition, turboprop maker ATR and missile systems provider MBDA will have exhibits at the show. EADS is a partner in both of these joint ventures.
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- NHV H175 fleet exceeds 30000 flight hours
- Babcock Australasia reports successful first year of H175 operations
- Airbus receives EASA Certification for Rig’N Fly for the H175
- NHV H175 fleet reaches 8,500 flights in 3 years
- Airbus and NHV celebrate three years flying H175s
- EASA certification for the Rig’N Fly
- Royal Thai Police becomes first H175 operator in Asia Pacific
- Milestone and Babcock celebrate lease fleet of 50
- CHC commences H175 revenue operations
- CHC signs HCare contract with Airbus for H175
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Milestone helps CHC launch SuperMedium program
- CHC takes delivery of first H175 aircraft
- CHC to add AW189 and H175 to fleet
- Waypoint Leasing to Bolster Fleet with 16 New Airbus Helicopters
- EASA raises H175 gross weight to 7.8 tonnes
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- NHV’s H175 fleet reaches 10,000 flight hours
- NHV awarded with offshore contract by Seaway Heavy Lifting