Olympic fever is heightening with less than two months left until London 2012 officially gets underway.
Over the next few days people across the East and West Midlands will be turning out to watch the torch being carried through the streets on its way to London, and here at The Air Ambulance Service (TAAS) we’re as excited as anyone else about the arrival of the iconic Olympic flame.
Today (29th June), the torch will be carried through Ashbourne by Martin Handley who was nominated to carry the torch by a friend for his efforts in raising money for TAAS.
The final leg of the torch relay today will see the flame carried by TAAS Ambassador and double World Superbike Champion James Toseland, before he lights a cauldron at Darley Abbey Park after an evening of celebrations.
Another supporter of TAAS who will be carrying the torch is Tony Woodhouse. He’ll be carrying the torch through his home town of Rugby on Monday 2nd July. He has raised funds for TAAS after he was treated by Air Ambulance paramedics in 2010.
Tony says: “It is such an honour to carry the torch. I want the day to be a special one for my family, friends and colleagues who have supported me so much over the last two years. I also want to use the opportunity to raise awareness of the fantastic lifesaving work that The Air Ambulance Service does every day. Without TAAS I would not be here today and I will be forever grateful for this.”
Shops in locations where the torch is passing through will also be getting in the Olympic mood. Our Bakewell, Stratford, Rugby, Oadby and Wellingborough stores will be decking their windows out with an Olympic theme and volunteers will also be on hand to give out TAAS ponchos in case of bad weather.
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- Chilean customers order AW119Kx and AW109 Trekker
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- Chinese fleet grows stronger with orders for additional 26 helicopters
- P&WC Introduces a Certified Pre-Owned Engine Program
- Rotortrade reports 2017 results
- Sloane Helicopters signs for AW109 Trekker and another GrandNew
- Transnet National Ports Authority orders two AW109s
- Bangladesh operator Bashundhara Airways orders five from Leonardo
- Leonardo approves fifth Service Centre in Japan
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119