One of the first European AS350B3e helicopters is flying with proven, advanced engine protection from Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI). Donaldson delivered its AS350B3e Inlet Barrier Filter system to utility operator Scandair for installation on the companyâ€™s new aircraft.
Scandair joins customers worldwide protecting their helicopter engines with Donaldson IBF system.Â Barrier filter systems help eliminate turbine engine damage and expense in both ramp and offsite operations. The Donaldson AS350B3e IBF carries approvals from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, European EASA and Brazilâ€™s ANAC.
Donaldsonâ€™s AS350B3e IBF Supplemental Type Certificate approvals cover both single hydraulic aircraft (PN#112005-101) and dual hydraulic aircraft (PN#121001-101) with the Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine.
Expansion of the STC allows operators to maintain fleet commonality while operating different AS350 models equipped with Donaldson IBF systems.
â€œWe have just completed our first 200 hours of flying with the new filter system and I can tell you that we are very, very pleased with it,â€ said Scandair owner Fredrik Ulander. He and his team perform aerial application operations and have long experience with the AS350 series aircraft.
â€œThese flights have been in a very dusty environment while fertilizing, and the indicator still shows good filter performance, so that is impressive. We can highly recommend this filter so far,â€ added Ulander.
Donaldson IBF systems for the Eurocopter AS350B3e feature an easily removed flat filter assembly and integral bypass design, readily installed into existing cowl designs without burdensome cowling alterations. A filter maintenance aid allows for on-condition status checks between established cleaning intervals, eliminating unnecessary service. No restrictions are imposed for flight in falling or blowing snow or with visible moisture in non-icing conditions.Â Users of the Donaldson IBF systems will realize better engine protection and performance over that offered by traditional sand filters or improved inertial particle separators.
Donaldsonâ€™s IBF systems will be on display during the Farnborough International Airshow July 9-13 (Booth C16/17 Hall 1) and the Airborne Law Enforcement Associationâ€™s (ALEA) annual conference and exhibition July 11-14 (Booth 4440) in Reno, Nev.
Providing the most comprehensive line of IBF solutions, Donaldson Aerospace & Defense is the industry leader in the design, development and manufacture of high-performance engine IBF systems for commercial and military propulsion systems. Through its St. Louis, Missouri location, Donaldson provides certified IBF solutions for the AgustaWestland AW109E/S/SP, AW119 Koala, AW119Ke and AW139; Bell 205A1, 206B, 407, 206L-3/4, 206L-1(C30), 429 and 430; Eurocopter EC130, AS350 B/BA/B1/B2/B3/B3e, AS350s with Soloy or Heli-Lynx Honeywell engine conversions; and MD Helicopters MD 369H Series, MD 500D/E/F and MD 900/902.
To learn more about the Donaldson Aerospace & Defense group, visitÂ www.DonaldsonAerospace-
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet