Cobham Commercial Systems and DAC International have announced the first installation of a HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System in Brazil.Â Cobham, HeliSASâ€™ manufacturer, and DAC, HeliSASâ€™ South American sales representative, worked with Aristek ComÃ©rcio Aeronautico, Sao Paulo, to install the system on a privately-owned Eurocopter AS350 B3 helicopter.
HeliSAS is lightweight, and designed specifically for light and medium rotorcraft.Â As a two-axis, attitude hold, attitude command flight control system it allows the pilot to perform cockpit functions hands-free and significantly reduces workload.Â HeliSAS also enhances flight stability, providing precise control during all modes of flight, regardless of wind conditions or aircraft center-of-gravity.Â HeliSAS has obtained Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) for the following aircraft: AS350 model series, EC130, Bell 206B, 206L, and 407.
â€œWe are excited to have partnered with DAC International to bring this helicopter safety enhancement to Brazil,â€ said Roger Smith, Cobham Commercial Systems Mineral Wells general manager.
â€œAviation in Brazil is growing rapidly and there are hundreds of Bell and Eurocopter aircraft eligible for similar installations,â€ said Luiz Eduardo Vianna, captain of the HeliSAS-installed aircraft. â€œIâ€™m convinced HeliSAS will deliver safer, more stable flight.Â Air space in Brazil is becoming increasingly crowded, and flying with the HeliSAS system allows me to concentrate on situational awareness.â€
Cobham specializes in meeting the demand for data, connectivity and bandwidth in defense, security and commercial environments. Offering a technically diverse and innovative range of technologies and services, the Group protects lives and livelihoods, responding to customer needs with agility that differentiates it. The most important thing we build is trust. Employing 10,000 people on five continents, the Group has customers and partners in over 100 countries.
About Cobham Commercial Systems
Cobham Commercial Systems is a leading provider of integrated avionics systems, emergency locator systems and radar and missile electronics for military and civil customers. Cobhamâ€™s avionics systems can be offered individually or integrated to provide an entire cockpit. Its synthetic vision Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) revolutionized safety in low-level flight operations and is now approved on more than 700 aircraft and helicopter models. Cobhamâ€™s new Helicopter Stability Augmentation System (HeliSAS) adds to its extensive range of fixed wing auto-pilot solutions and brings added safety within the reach of a host of operators for whom such systems were previously too expensive and heavy. Cobham Commercial Systems is also an acknowledged expert in Emergency Locator Transmitter and Personal Locator Beacon technologies, from personal units to Original Equipment Manufacturer mounted systems on airliners and helicopters. Its radar and missile RF front end electronics are part of many radars, missiles, and space and commercial radar systems as well as leading edge Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) solutions.
About DAC International
DAC International, Inc. is an avionics sales and distribution company that specializes in the sale and distribution of sophisticated avionics products, systems, and test equipment to the worldâ€™s airlines, corporate aircraft, modification centers, aircraft manufacturers, special mission, and military markets.
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase