Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) today announced the expansion of an existing contract that doubles the size of the in-country maintenance support team for the Colombian Army UH-60 BLACK HAWK fleet. The Colombian Army Aviation – part of the Army’s Combined Arms Team – has acquired Scheduled and Unscheduled Maintenance Services for its fleet of UH-60 helicopters to ensure sustained support for operations mandated by the Colombian Army. Forty-two Sikorsky-trained technicians will perform Phase Maintenance Inspections and 120-hour inspections at the Aviation Maintenance Base in Tolemaida. The ongoing maintenance contract is renewable annually. Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) is the aftermarket division of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
“Colombia – with the fourth-largest BLACK HAWK fleet in the world – is an important anchor customer in Latin America. Our ability to augment in-country support continues to improve the operational readiness of the Colombian Armed Services,” said Steve Bohlman, Director, Commercial and International Military Customer Support. “Additionally, we are on the verge of inaugurating the S-70™ BLACK HAWK Helicopter Training Facility at the Colombian Air Force Base in Melgar. These pursuits further SAS’ commitment to customers in the region. We remain focused on providing support capabilities directly where our customers operate.”
Requisite maintenance services for the fleet will be executed by the Sikorsky Team whose OEM expertise will assure that operational readiness is a priority. The technical and tactical characteristics of the UH-60L fleet provide the mobility and penetration required by the Colombian Army to successfully execute a variety of dynamic missions. In pursuit of national order and security, the UH-60L fleet performs air assault, reconnaissance, supply and other missions.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. Its Sikorsky Aerospace Services business designs and applies advanced logistics and supply chain solutions for commercial rotary, military rotary and fixed wing operators. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
To learn more about UTC’s presence at the Farnborough Air Show, visit the www.utcaero.com Web site.
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Coulson and Unical Join Forces to form Coulson Unical
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Polish Police recieve two S70i Black Hawks
- Fort McCoy celebrates 40 years of the Black Hawk
- CPI Aero wins UH-60 Hover Infrared Suppression System order
- Sikorsky Awarded $29M Contract for UH-60 Support
- Sikorsky Awarded $61M Contract for UH-60 Repairs
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- US State Department to possibly sell UH-60 Black Hawks to Latvia
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract
- First Afghan UH-60 pilots graduate
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Parker Hannifin awarded $96M contract for UH-60 Upgrades
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo
- Sikorsky marks 30,000 Black Hawk hours in Brazilian military operation
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for BE UH-60 Blackhawk weapon system parts
- 07-Aug-17 Sikorsky UH-60 Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- 10 refurbished Black Hawk to fight Australian fires