AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that Caverton Helicopters of Nigeria has been appointed an AgustaWestland Authorized Service Centre for the AW139 intermediate twin helicopter in Nigeria.
, Cavertonâ€™s Service Centre based in West Africaâ€™s commercial hub, Lagos, will provide maintenance and repair services and an extensive a spare parts inventory for the type, offering an even greater level of service to AW139 operators across the region
Caverton is currently operating six AW139s performing offshore transport missions in support of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria and is planning to purchase additional AW139 helicopters for offshore and VIP transport operations. These orders for AW139s by Caverton have boosted the presence of AgustaWestland in Nigeria to approximately 23 helicopters of varying types being used in both commercial and government applications.
Designating Caverton Helicopters as an Authorized Service Centre for the AW139 in Nigeria is the latest step in AgustaWestlandâ€™s programme to enhance its global customer support services This strategic choice brings the number of AgustaWestland Service Centres worldwide to over eighty, with a programme underway to continually expand this network of Service Centres.
Executive Vice Chairman of Caverton Helicopters, Adeniyi Makanjuola saidÂ â€œWe welcome the opportunity to have been appointedÂ as an Authorized Service Centre, and Â we are confident that the breadth and depth of our service portfolio and local expertise will meet the regionsâ€™ needs, as Â the market expands. This designation, further cements our position as a wholly indigenous operator in the region working to global standards of industrial airworthiness and reliability.â€
Headquartered in Lagos, Caverton Helicopters is the first wholly indigenous civil helicopter company to work in the oil and gas industry. Operating from facilities around the country Caverton Helicopters provides a range of services including transportation, maintenance, search and rescue and related services to offshore oil companies and other business sectors.
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- 24-Jul-20 VH-TJO Leonardo AW139 Goulburn, Australia
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- 20-Jun-20 VH-EGK Leonardo AW139 Caboolture, Australia
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus