At this yearâ€™s ALEA Conference in Reno, American Eurocopter will be showcasing the performance and technology available in its product offerings for airborne law enforcement. Two helicopters will be featured on American Eurocopterâ€™s booth #112: an AS350Â® B3 from the Placer County Sheriffâ€™s Department Air Support Unit and an EC120Â® from the Fresno Police Department Air Support Unit â€“ â€œSkywatch.â€
The AS350 series has become the helicopter of choice for airborne law enforcement in the United States. The AS350 B3 offers high-performance with multi-mission capability, which makes it the aircraft operated by agencies like the Placer County Sheriffâ€™s Department Air Support Unit. It chose the AS350 B3 for the aircraftâ€™s cabin size, multi-mission flexibility and hot & high performance. The Arriel 2B1 engine with dual-channel FADEC produces 847 shp, which allows the AS350 B3 to conduct high-altitude missions with the safety benefit of a large power reserve. The mission equipment suite on Placer Countyâ€™s aircraft includes a high-definition thermal imager, searchlight and moving map system. The Air Support Unit also added a 500-lb. rescue hoist that is regularly utilized in search & rescue operations throughout the countyâ€™s 1500 square miles, in addition to a cargo hook for sling load operations of seized marijuana and other payload.
The EC120 offers a high-technology, low-cost solution for airborne law enforcement patrol and Homeland Security missions, such as those flown by the Fresno Police Department Air Support Unit, Skywatch. It operates a pair of EC120s to patrol the skies over Fresno. The EC120â€™s FenestronÂ® provides excellent tail rotor authority for pilots, while minimizing the aircraftâ€™s noise signature and increasing the ability for â€œSkywatchâ€ flight crews to arrive on-scene with little warning to criminal suspects on the ground. Extensive use of composites keeps aircraft weight down to increase useful load for a wide variety of missions. Fresno PD EC120s are equipped with thermal imagers, searchlights, moving map and public address systems. The Arrius 2F engine in the EC120 has earned a reputation for low operating and maintenance costs and for a reliability which translates to optimal aircraft availability.
American Eurocopterâ€™s wide product line has become the reference standard for U.S. airborne law enforcement. For more information on industry leading helicopters, stop by American Eurocopterâ€™s ALEA booth #112.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is the U.S. affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, the second largest aerospace and defense company in the world. American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer and markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered by any manufacturer. The product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. Company headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS.
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile
- 26-Jul-20 F-GNLM Airbus AS350 Clermont-Ferrand, France
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot