American Eurocopter announced today that the Utah Highway Patrol has purchased an AS350Â® B3e for its Aero Bureau fleet. The new B3e will bring enhanced capabilities to the Bureauâ€™s current fleet of two AS350 B2s that support law enforcement agencies statewide, whose efforts protect the citizens of Utah.
â€œWhen we decided to add a third aircraft to our fleet, we knew we needed something with the performance and capacity that would allow us to complete our wide variety of missions,â€ said Captain Luke Bowman, Utah Highway Patrol. â€œWe regularly fly missions at 12,000 feet, and the AS350 B3e delivers the performance to work at those altitudes with power to spare. With the AStarâ€™s wider cabin and flat floor, we can accommodate more mission equipment and cargo.â€
The AS350 B3e is the latest version of the AStarÂ® family, one of the most popular, high-tech helicopter platforms in the U.S. Airborne Law Enforcement community. The AStar is known for its performance, reliability and multi-mission flexibility. The B3e brings next-generation performance to the family. The aircraft is powered by a new Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine that delivers a higher cruise speed, and is equipped with a new dual-channel FADEC and Engine Data Recorder, which enhance safety and system management.
â€œThe AS350 B3e is a natural fit for the Utah Highway Patrol,â€ said Ed Van Winkle, American Eurocopterâ€™s Sales Manager for Airborne Law Enforcement. â€œIt will provide them with the added performance they need to operate hot and high missions, and it allows them to standardize on the AStar family of helicopters so they can maintain commonality in training and maintenance.â€
The Utah Highway Patrol Aero Bureau utilizes its helicopters as direct-support force multipliers to complete the Bureauâ€™s mission to provide professional, timely, and safe aviation support to the Utah Department of Public Safety and other federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies â€“ all with the goal of providing a safe and secure environment for the citizens of the State of Utah.
For more information on the AS350 B3e, or any other helicopter made for the law enforcement mission, stop by American Eurocopterâ€™s ALEA booth #112.
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile
- 26-Jul-20 F-GNLM Airbus AS350 Clermont-Ferrand, France
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot