Hamilton Sundstrand Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:Â UTX), was recently awarded a multi-year Overhaul & Repair contract from the U.S. Army for BLACK HAWK helicopter T700 fuel controls, with initial delivery orders starting in 2012 and covering a period of performance through 2017.
“Hamilton Sundstrand is pleased to be selected to provide maintenance support for its systems on the BLACK HAWK and to build upon its long-standing relationship with the U.S. Army,” saidÂ Jim Patrick, Hamilton Sundstrand Customer Service vice president and general manager. “This selection illustrates the value proposition offered by our OEM Repair Center network.”
The contract is estimated to be worthÂ $46 millionÂ over the life of the program.
Hamilton Sundstrand’s Engine & Control SystemsÂ (E&CS) business provides complete jet engine controls and accessory packages. From the fuel tank to the igniters, Hamilton Sundstrand has the resources and expertise to design, qualify, and manufacture world-class systems for aerospaceÂ engine customers.
With 2011 sales ofÂ $6.2 billion, Hamilton Sundstrand is headquartered inÂ Windsor Locks, Conn.Â Among the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products, the company designs, manufactures and services aerospace systems and provides integrated system solutions for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft. It also is a major supplier for international space programs.
United Technologies Corp., based inÂ Hartford, Conn., is a diversified company that provides high-technology products and services to the aerospace and building industries.
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Polish Police recieve two S70i Black Hawks
- Fort McCoy celebrates 40 years of the Black Hawk
- CPI Aero wins UH-60 Hover Infrared Suppression System order
- Sikorsky Awarded $29M Contract for UH-60 Support
- Sikorsky Awarded $61M Contract for UH-60 Repairs
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- US State Department to possibly sell UH-60 Black Hawks to Latvia
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract
- First Afghan UH-60 pilots graduate
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Parker Hannifin awarded $96M contract for UH-60 Upgrades
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo
- Sikorsky marks 30,000 Black Hawk hours in Brazilian military operation
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for BE UH-60 Blackhawk weapon system parts
- 07-Aug-17 Sikorsky UH-60 Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- 10 refurbished Black Hawk to fight Australian fires
- United Technologies awarded $28M contract for procurement of 420 auxiliary power units of UH-60 Black Hawks
- DynCorp International awarded $8M contract for Maintenance on AH-64, UH-60, CH-47, and OH-58s