Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), a global manufacturer of filtration systems and parts, will showcase its dry synthetic media engine intake filters for general aviation aircraft at EAA AirVenture 2012, July 23-29, at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, WI.
Technical experts will be available to discuss products and answer questions throughout the show at the company exhibit, Booth 1110, Aisle C, in Exhibit Hangar A. To schedule a meeting, email Scott Petersen, Donaldson Account Executive, atÂ [email protected], or callÂ 1-866-323-0394.
â€œDonaldson understands the needs of general aviation aircraft and offers the worldâ€™s most effective and economical engine filters for the most popular private airplanes flying today,â€ said Sheila Peyraud, worldwide general manager, Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. â€œSynthetic dry media filters provide consistently superior engine protection with at least a 98.5 percent efficiency rate, a key factor in controlling operational costs.â€
Effective, reliable filtration is critical to aviation, since even a tablespoon of abrasive dirt passing through a worn or inefficient air filter into engine cylinders can cause enough damage to require an overhaul. Donaldson filters are available for more than 75 models by Cessna, Hawker Beechcraft, Mooney, Piper and others. They are the factory-specified filters and do not require STCs. Filter life is up to 500 flight hours or three years, with easy installation and maintenance, and they can be cleaned up to five times before replacement.
Dry filters contain tightly woven, pleated media with evenly distributed fibers for maximum efficiency. They do not utilize oil coatings to trap particulates and other contaminants and they allow free airflow into engine intakes. Laboratory tests using scanning electron microscope images prove Donaldson filters enable more efficient intake airflow than other designs and may increase available engine power for many general aviation aircraft.
In addition to displaying filter technology at AirVenture, Donaldson is available to provide expert advice on filter installation, maintenance and cleaning to maximize engine performance and enhance flight safety.
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role
- Kaman to Deliver K-MAX® to Helicopter Express In 2019
- Inmarsat launches broadband solution for helicopters
- Shetland Coastguard team win UK award
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Golden Hour Award
- Safran Ardiden 1U engine obtains EASA certification
- Air Methods Celebrates the Accomplishments of Tulsa LifeFlight
- Alberta puts stop to firefighters rappelling from helicopters
- Port of Mangalore adds helipad for cruise ship services
- 10-Nov-19 N827MW Sikorsky S58 Lebanon, US-Indiana
- Rotorcorp President Appointed to US Trade Policy Advisory Committee
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement