Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), a global manufacturer of filtration systems and parts, will showcase its dry synthetic media engine intake filters for general aviation aircraft at EAA AirVenture 2012, July 23-29, at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, WI.
Technical experts will be available to discuss products and answer questions throughout the show at the company exhibit, Booth 1110, Aisle C, in Exhibit Hangar A. To schedule a meeting, email Scott Petersen, Donaldson Account Executive, atÂ [email protected], or callÂ 1-866-323-0394.
â€œDonaldson understands the needs of general aviation aircraft and offers the worldâ€™s most effective and economical engine filters for the most popular private airplanes flying today,â€ said Sheila Peyraud, worldwide general manager, Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. â€œSynthetic dry media filters provide consistently superior engine protection with at least a 98.5 percent efficiency rate, a key factor in controlling operational costs.â€
Effective, reliable filtration is critical to aviation, since even a tablespoon of abrasive dirt passing through a worn or inefficient air filter into engine cylinders can cause enough damage to require an overhaul. Donaldson filters are available for more than 75 models by Cessna, Hawker Beechcraft, Mooney, Piper and others. They are the factory-specified filters and do not require STCs. Filter life is up to 500 flight hours or three years, with easy installation and maintenance, and they can be cleaned up to five times before replacement.
Dry filters contain tightly woven, pleated media with evenly distributed fibers for maximum efficiency. They do not utilize oil coatings to trap particulates and other contaminants and they allow free airflow into engine intakes. Laboratory tests using scanning electron microscope images prove Donaldson filters enable more efficient intake airflow than other designs and may increase available engine power for many general aviation aircraft.
In addition to displaying filter technology at AirVenture, Donaldson is available to provide expert advice on filter installation, maintenance and cleaning to maximize engine performance and enhance flight safety.
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award