At Farnborough 2012 SELEX Elsag announced a 11 million euro contract to supply LOAM (Laser Obstacle Avoidance & Monitoring) systems to equip naval and tactical NH-90 helicopters operated by the Italian Ministry of Defense. Delivery of the equipment is expected to begin in 2013.
The NH90 is produced by NHI, a consortium between the Franco-German companyÂ Eurocopter, the Anglo-Italian Agusta WestlandÂ and the DutchÂ Stork Fokker Aerospace.
SELEX Elsagâ€™s LOAM is an auxiliary system for navigation, designed for rotary wing platforms. Its operating system is based on anÂ eye-safe laser radar. This can detect any kind of dangerous obstacle along the flight path, such as power lines, ropeway wires and pillars, allowing the crew to adopt appropriate, timely and effective countermeasures. This significantly increases the pilotâ€™s situational awareness and guarantees a higher level of safety in low altitude flight during operational missions.
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Patria received a follow-on NH90 maintenance order
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions