Motorbike accidents, stroke or seriously injured children: the air rescue organization DRF Luftrettung is on duty every day with its helicopters and ambulance aircrafts. In the first half of the year 2012 the DRF Luftrettung flew a total of 19,667 missions, involving helicopter missions at 31 HEMS bases in Germany, Austria and Denmark as well as worldwide repatriations with ambulance aircrafts. This means a mission increase of 2% compared to the same period of the previous year.
In Germany the red-white helicopters of DRF Luftrettung were alerted to 18,139 missions, meaning an increase of 3% compared to the same period in 2011 (17,632 missions). The danish HEMS base of Ringsted, which is operated by Falck DRF Luftambulance A/S, was alerted 387 times. In the same period the two Austrian rescue helicopters of the ARA-Flugrettungs GmbH (which belongs to DRF Luftrettung), were much in demand, too: The crews in Reutte (Tyrol) and Fresach (Carinthia) flew 836 missions altogether (including 77 NEF-missions).
In the field of worldwide ambulance flights, DRF Luftrettung together with LAR (Luxembourg Air Rescue) conducted 305 repatriations under the name of EAA (European Air Ambulance). These repatriation flights were coordinated by the respective alert centers at the airports of Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden (Germany) and Luxembourg. The experienced dispatchers can be reached 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, under the emergency telephone number +49-(0)711-7007-7007.
At 31 HEMS bases in Germany, Austria and Denmark, DRF Luftrettung is operating helicopters for emergency rescue and the transport of intensive care patients between clinics, at eight HEMS bases, 24/7. Six ambulance aircrafts of DRF Luftrettung and LAR (Luxembourg Air Rescue) are used for worldwide repatriations under the name of European Air Ambulance (EAA). In total, approximately 660 emergency physicians, 320 paramedics, 160 pilots and 80 technicians are on duty for DRF Luftrettung.
More information on the internet:Â www.drf-luftrettung.de
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director