Motorbike accidents, stroke or seriously injured children: the air rescue organization DRF Luftrettung is on duty every day with its helicopters and ambulance aircrafts. In the first half of the year 2012 the DRF Luftrettung flew a total of 19,667 missions, involving helicopter missions at 31 HEMS bases in Germany, Austria and Denmark as well as worldwide repatriations with ambulance aircrafts. This means a mission increase of 2% compared to the same period of the previous year.
In Germany the red-white helicopters of DRF Luftrettung were alerted to 18,139 missions, meaning an increase of 3% compared to the same period in 2011 (17,632 missions). The danish HEMS base of Ringsted, which is operated by Falck DRF Luftambulance A/S, was alerted 387 times. In the same period the two Austrian rescue helicopters of the ARA-Flugrettungs GmbH (which belongs to DRF Luftrettung), were much in demand, too: The crews in Reutte (Tyrol) and Fresach (Carinthia) flew 836 missions altogether (including 77 NEF-missions).
In the field of worldwide ambulance flights, DRF Luftrettung together with LAR (Luxembourg Air Rescue) conducted 305 repatriations under the name of EAA (European Air Ambulance). These repatriation flights were coordinated by the respective alert centers at the airports of Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden (Germany) and Luxembourg. The experienced dispatchers can be reached 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, under the emergency telephone number +49-(0)711-7007-7007.
At 31 HEMS bases in Germany, Austria and Denmark, DRF Luftrettung is operating helicopters for emergency rescue and the transport of intensive care patients between clinics, at eight HEMS bases, 24/7. Six ambulance aircrafts of DRF Luftrettung and LAR (Luxembourg Air Rescue) are used for worldwide repatriations under the name of European Air Ambulance (EAA). In total, approximately 660 emergency physicians, 320 paramedics, 160 pilots and 80 technicians are on duty for DRF Luftrettung.
More information on the internet:Â www.drf-luftrettung.de
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report