Motorbike accidents, stroke or seriously injured children: the air rescue organization DRF Luftrettung is on duty every day with its helicopters and ambulance aircrafts. In the first half of the year 2012 the DRF Luftrettung flew a total of 19,667 missions, involving helicopter missions at 31 HEMS bases in Germany, Austria and Denmark as well as worldwide repatriations with ambulance aircrafts. This means a mission increase of 2% compared to the same period of the previous year.
In Germany the red-white helicopters of DRF Luftrettung were alerted to 18,139 missions, meaning an increase of 3% compared to the same period in 2011 (17,632 missions). The danish HEMS base of Ringsted, which is operated by Falck DRF Luftambulance A/S, was alerted 387 times. In the same period the two Austrian rescue helicopters of the ARA-Flugrettungs GmbH (which belongs to DRF Luftrettung), were much in demand, too: The crews in Reutte (Tyrol) and Fresach (Carinthia) flew 836 missions altogether (including 77 NEF-missions).
In the field of worldwide ambulance flights, DRF Luftrettung together with LAR (Luxembourg Air Rescue) conducted 305 repatriations under the name of EAA (European Air Ambulance). These repatriation flights were coordinated by the respective alert centers at the airports of Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden (Germany) and Luxembourg. The experienced dispatchers can be reached 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, under the emergency telephone number +49-(0)711-7007-7007.
At 31 HEMS bases in Germany, Austria and Denmark, DRF Luftrettung is operating helicopters for emergency rescue and the transport of intensive care patients between clinics, at eight HEMS bases, 24/7. Six ambulance aircrafts of DRF Luftrettung and LAR (Luxembourg Air Rescue) are used for worldwide repatriations under the name of European Air Ambulance (EAA). In total, approximately 660 emergency physicians, 320 paramedics, 160 pilots and 80 technicians are on duty for DRF Luftrettung.
More information on the internet:Â www.drf-luftrettung.de
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020