DART Helicopter Services is pleased to announce EASA approval of their subsidiary partner DART Aerospace (DAS)Â Round-I-Beamâ„¢ Skidtubes for the A119/AW119MKIIÂ models of helicopters.
DAS (DART Aerospace) believed that conventional skidtubes were under-designed for the types of landings most helicopters encounter.Â Conventional skidtubes are ill-equipped to face the critical loading conditions encountered when landing on uneven ground, rocks, tree roots, and other small objects.Â Under these conditions, simple round tubes tend to puncture, dent and bend because they cannot maintain their shape.Â DASâ€™s revolutionary patented Round-I-Beamâ„¢ technology combines the conventional round tube with the strength of theÂ I-Beam made from 6061-T6 aluminum.
In DAS Skidtubes, the centralÂ I-beam web absorbs most of the impact on landing so that tube maintains its integrity.Â Even with the additional of a central web, the weight is comparable to that of conventional skidtubes.
DAS Skidtubes are available in multiple configurations for maximum versatility: standard skidtubes and one-piece float skidtube (pre-drilled for Apical float compatibility), both with several different wearplate configurations including lightweight, full coverage and run-on landing wearplates.Â DAS run-on landing wearplatesÂ feature an easy thru-bolt installation which makes installation or replacement quick and easy, eliminates clamps over the skidtube and prevents the wearplate from rotating on the skidtube. Â The DAS run-on landing wearplates are constructed of corrosion resistant stainless steel and feature a full length stainless steel bar wear with areas of generously overlaid highly wear resistant tungsten carbide and a corrosion resistant compound between the skidtube and wearplate (no gaskets or sealant required).
- CNC machined split saddles ease installation â€“ even in the field
- Up to 10 times more resistant to damage
- Manufactured from 6061-T6 aluminum that can be repaired by welding
- Reduce your inventory, DAS replacement skidtubes are LH/RH interchangeable
- 4 Configurations:
- Wearpads only (lightest)
- Wearplates & Wearpads
- Run-on Landing Wearplates (best protection)
- **New** Run-on Landing Skidtubes ideal for training operations
â€œDAS Round-I-Beamâ„¢ Skidtubes have a long track record for quality, performance and durability in the harshest of environments.Â With the added durability of the run-on landing wearplates, we are pleased to now be offering this cost effective landing gear solution to our European customers.â€Â Quote, Bill Beckett, VP Canadian Operations.
DART Aerospace (DAS) is Proudly Distributed by:Â DARTÂ Helicopter Services, 1270 Aberdeen Street, Hawkesbury, ON K6A 1K7 (www.darthelicopterservices.
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- New Mexico – Lifeguard Air Emergency Services to launch AW119Kx operations
- Finmeccanica picks FreeFlight RA4500 radalt as AW119 standard
- Life Link III awarded re-accreditation by CAMTS
- Sino-US signs for 25 AW119Kx helicopters
- Life Flight Network is first EMS operator to achieve both HAI-APS and IS-BAO Accreditation
- South African Red Cross orders three AW119Kx