Aspen Avionics, manufacturer of the innovative Evolution Flight Display System, announced today the FAA approval for installation of Aspenâ€™s H-series Primary Flight Displays (PFDs) and Multi-function Flight Displays (MFDs) into the Robinson R44 and R44 II model helicopters.
Aspenâ€™s H-series PFD and MFD systems are designed and manufactured to meet the rigors of helicopter operations. The PFD is a lightweight, compact, all solid-state digital replacement for legacy mechanical flight instruments. The MFD adds features like high resolution moving maps, relative terrain and obstacle awareness, and traffic displays.
â€œThe Robinson platform will easily showcase Aspenâ€™s reliable and versatile avionics solution,â€ says Aspenâ€™s Vice President Sales and Customer Support Mark Ferrari. â€œThe Robinson fills many roles and its missions will be that much easier and safer with Aspenâ€™s solid-state digital flight display system. The compact package also fits neatly into the limited panel space.â€
The single PFD Evolution 1000H system retails for $14,995, the multi-display Evolution 1500H retails for $22,490, and the Evolution 2000H retails for $26,990. Customers should contact their Aspen authorized dealer for additional installation and STC package costs.
Western Avionics has also submitted for EASA validation of the STC to make it available to European operators. Approval for the R22 model is also underway.
About Aspen Avionics, Inc.
Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced technology and capability into general aviation cockpitsâ€”and budgets. Our products increase situational awareness and reduce pilot workload, making it easier and safer to fly in both VFR and IFR conditions. The way we look at it, getting the latest avionics technology shouldnâ€™t always mean spending a lot of moneyâ€”on equipment or installation. At Aspen Avionics, we design products to be affordable, easy to install, and easy to own.
About the Evolution Flight Display System
The Aspen Evolution Flight Display System is an affordable, expandable and upgradeable PFD, MFD and hazard sensor cockpit solution for general aviation aircraft and rotorcraft platforms. Highly compatible with existing aircraft avionics, the flexible Evolution Flight Display System lets aircraft owners install all Evolution Flight Displays and options at once, or separately, as their needs and budgets permit.
About Western Avionics
Western Avionics, a division of the AvMax Group of Companies, is Canadaâ€™s largest avionics and instruments support facility. Clearly one of the most modern and well-equipped facilities, Western offers a full complement of diversified avionics services, including the purchase and sale of new and used avionics, equipment, parts; equipment overhaul; retrofit and new aircraft installations; MRP (Mobile Repair Personnel) services, Engineering and specialized manufacturing. Western can be found online at:Â www.avmaxgroup.com
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Six Robinson Helicopters Delivered to China
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 13-Dec-19 N440AH Robinson R44 San Antonio, US-Texas
- AirX starts new link between Tokyo Heliport and Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25-Oct-19 ZT-RAL Robinson R44 Sinoville, South Africa
- 23-Oct-19 N225JM Robinson R44 Las Vegas, US-Nevada (2F)
- 21-Oct-19 UR-KTB Robinson R44 Tarasenkove, Ukraine (1F)
- Philippine National Police Chooses R44s for Training
- 15-Jul-19 N144TG Robinson R44 II Hayward, US-California (1F)
- 17-Jun-19 N7187D Robinson R44 Catalina Island, US-California (1F)
- 02-Jun-19 N41351 Robinson R44 II near Mulberry Mountain, US-Arkansas (3F)
- 17-May-19 N744TW Robinson R44 II Alpine, US-Utah (2F)
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- 29-Apr-19 N808NV Robinson R44 Kawainui, US-Hawaii (3F)
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- HQ Aviation gains approval as RR300 Authorized Service Center