At an event otherwise dominated by the fixed-wing aviation community, HAI has a dominant presence with its HELI-CENTERTM at EAA’s AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. And the HELI-CENTER offers some great opportunities to HAI members who stop by.
When he’s not involved in other meetings or events, HAI President Matt Zuccaro can be found in the HELI-CENTER, extolling the value of helicopters and the myriad ways they benefit the general public – even those members of the public who never set foot aboard a helicopter. HAI members are welcome to stop by and spend some time with Zuccaro discussing any issue, whether it’s specific to their operation, the association, or the industry at large.
One exclusive benefit available to HAI members is a second-story observation deck that looks out over the airfield and directly at the afternoon air shows. HAI has the only two-story tent along the flightline, and the observation deck offers an exceptional view of the flight activities all day long. It is one of the best places on the field to see the air shows.
The HAI Membership Department is on hand to answer any questions and take care of membership issues for visiting members. The HAI Safety Department and the International Helicopter Safety Team (IHST) are also on hand, as is the Helicopter Foundation International (HFI). HFI offers several scholarships to help would-be commercial helicopter pilots and technicians get the training necessary for a career in rotorcraft.
The HAI HELI-CENTER is open throughout AirVenture, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time through Friday; 9:00 a.m. until 10 p.m. on Saturday (for the nighttime air show); and 9:00 a.m. until AirVenture wraps up for another year at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
If you’re visiting AirVenture, we look forward to seeing you there!
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team