Bell Helicopter, in partnership with Cessna Aircraft Company, opened a new regional service center in Singapore at Seletar Aerospace Park. Bell Helicopter and Cessna are Textron companies (NYSE: TXT). The new state-of-the-art facility offers customers a one-stop shop for comprehensive repair, completion, fulfillment, maintenance and customization solutions.
â€œThe grand opening of our Asia Pacific service center brings to life a vision of providing exceptional support to our current and future customers in this important growth region,â€ said John L. Garrison, president and CEO of Bell Helicopter. â€œIt is the result of years of planning for an increased presence in Asia Pacific that is a key market for both Bell Helicopter and Cessna.â€
Bell Helicopter and the Singapore Economic Development Board signed a Memorandum of Understanding in June 2010. On June 9, 2011, Bell Helicopter and Cessna broke ground on the new service center in the Seletar Aerospace Park.
The service facility is 160,500 total square feet and equipped with hangars for Bell Helicopter and Cessna products, a paint booth, warehouse, overhaul and maintenance shops, offices, and a 77,000 square foot ramp. Plans for the new facility include training, performing customization and completions, major refurbishment projects, labor and parts sales, as well as maintenance, repair and overhaul. Bell Helicopter and Cessna envision the center as a regional hub for response to customer needs in Asia Pacific.
â€œOver the years Bell Helicopter and Cessna have grown into global companies,â€ Garrison added. â€œWeâ€™ve accomplished this by successfully gearing our operations to serve a diverse and expanding customer base in addition to providing innovative, affordable mission solutions tailored to our local customers.Â This ensures that weâ€™re able to provide value and world-class local support to our operators throughout the world.â€
Bell Helicopter has been ranked No. 1 by customers in Customer Support and Services for 18 consecutive years and offers an unparalleled customer experience with comprehensive support. Bell Helicopter provides customers with local support in every corner of the world with services ranging from state of the art customization, aircraft refurbishment and accessory options to first class maintenance repair and overhaul solutions, combined with personalized service offerings.
â€œCessna continues to focus on the full product experience, delivering exceptional end-to-end service,â€ said Bill Harris, Cessnaâ€™s vice president, Sales for the Asia Pacific region. â€œWe maintain a worldwide network of Citation Service Centers and Authorized Service Facilities to ensure our customers have access to our industry leading team of skilled professionals throughout the world.â€
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model