The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress today of a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Lebanon for six Huey II helicopters and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support for an estimated cost of $63 million.
The Government of Lebanon has requested a possible sale of 6 Huey II helicopters, spare and repair parts, maintenance, support equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment, repair and return, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $63 million.
This proposed sale serves U.S. national, economic, and security interests by providing Lebanon with necessary mobility capabilities to maintain internal security, enforce United Nationâ€™s Security Council Resolutions 1559 and 1701, and counter terrorist threats.
The proposed sale of these aircraft will enable Lebanon to meet present and future challenges posed by internal and border security threats, evacuations, search and rescue, and drug interdiction operations. The Huey II will augment Lebanon’s aging fleet of UH-1H aircraft.
The proposed sale of these vehicles and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region. The prime contractor will be Bell Helicopter in Fort Worth, Texas. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale.
Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of any additional U.S. Government or contractor representatives to Lebanon.
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.
This notice of a potential sale is required by law and does not mean the sale has been concluded.
- Japan donates UH-1 spares to Philippine Air Force
- 26-Nov-18 Bell UH-1 Sancaktepe, Turkey (4F)
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- FAA certifies optionally-piloted UH1H
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- DCS Corp awarded $208M contract for Services to Naval aircraft
- ACS expands for growth in rotor blade repair volume
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- UH1OPS.com adds Transupport as new sponsor
- Arista awarded 5 year IDIQ contract
- 23-May-17 Bell UH-1 Naccache, Lebanon
- 04-May-17 Bell UH-1D Tanay, Philippines (3F)
- Mint Turbines sponsor T53 Maintenance Page on UH1 Operators Website
- Full Restoration for Vietnam War Era Huey
- HTC makes Metal Main Blades available for Bell 204, 205, UH-1
- Argentine Army considers Huey II
- Aircraft Structural Repair to sponsor UH1OPS.com
- Orange County Sheriff completes hoist training wtih AH+RT
- Belize Defence Force holds ceremony for two donated UH-1s