After the huge debacle of the previous round of bids (see Â£6bn UK SAR privatisation deal on hold â€“ police investigate), the UK Government has announced the short-list of bidders going forward to provide SAR services around the British coastline for a 25 year period.Â The successful bidder(s) will take over roles currently provided by the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force, as well as a civilian contract currently held by CHC.
Bond Offshore Helicopters, Bristow Helicopters and CHC Helicopter are the nominated shortlist published by the Department of Transport, with the actual winners expected to be announced early in 2013.Â This rules out the bid by Belgian operator NHV.Â A fifth consortium involving British International had previously withdrawn from the competition.
The companies are each bidding for three lots, which include covering coastguard duties.
Lot one is to deliver the service at/near Sumburgh, Stornoway, Culdrose, Leconfield and Valley using helicopters capable of taking at leastÂ eight casualties per aircraft.
Lot two is to deliver the service from Lee-on-the-Solent and at/near Chivenor, Prestwick, Lossiemouth and Wattisham using helicopters capable of taking at leastÂ four casualties per aircraft.
Lot three is a contract covering the requirements of both Lots one and two.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service