After the huge debacle of the previous round of bids (see Â£6bn UK SAR privatisation deal on hold â€“ police investigate), the UK Government has announced the short-list of bidders going forward to provide SAR services around the British coastline for a 25 year period.Â The successful bidder(s) will take over roles currently provided by the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force, as well as a civilian contract currently held by CHC.
Bond Offshore Helicopters, Bristow Helicopters and CHC Helicopter are the nominated shortlist published by the Department of Transport, with the actual winners expected to be announced early in 2013.Â This rules out the bid by Belgian operator NHV.Â A fifth consortium involving British International had previously withdrawn from the competition.
The companies are each bidding for three lots, which include covering coastguard duties.
Lot one is to deliver the service at/near Sumburgh, Stornoway, Culdrose, Leconfield and Valley using helicopters capable of taking at leastÂ eight casualties per aircraft.
Lot two is to deliver the service from Lee-on-the-Solent and at/near Chivenor, Prestwick, Lossiemouth and Wattisham using helicopters capable of taking at leastÂ four casualties per aircraft.
Lot three is a contract covering the requirements of both Lots one and two.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform